[r59] Check failure - Copy object between projects

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • ---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

---------------------------

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Paste failed due to xml_exception during paste

Condition: false

File: Editors\CLayoutView.cpp

Line: 2559

Function: void __cdecl CLayoutView::DoPasteAt(class CPoint)

Build: release 59 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

If I click Ignore, I get following message:

Construct 2

Failed to paste: the data on the clipboard does not appear to be valid.

OK   

I was trying to copy an object from one project to another. Is this the same issue as the issue copying events? Is this even possible?

• See #5, how to report bugs. Can I see your .capx file? Let me know which object to copy and I can give it a go. Copying objects between projects ought to work OK. Events should also work, but as long as all the referenced objects are present with exactly the same names and plugin types.

• First, sorry about not providing the .capx files. I should know better.

Second, here are the two files:

Project from which to copy: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38038537/CopyFromThisProject.capx

Project to which to paste: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38038537/PasteToThisProject.capx

Copy the Sprite object from the copy-from project, and paste it into the paste-to project.

After a second look, I realized I already had an object in the paste-to project named Sprite, but it was in a sub-folder so I didn't see it. I have since changed the name and the copy-paste works properly.

I wanted to still give you the files, in case you need to check the error further. I imagine it should give a regular alert message (that i already had an object named Sprite), instead of throwing an error.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the .capx files- I see now! It looks like a tricky one - the object has the same name so it tries to paste it as a new instance of the same object, but it has different behaviors which causes the error. I'll try and get it fixed some time but the workaround is simple, like you say just make sure the objects have a different name.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)