[R76] Touch plugin and Crop/Scale Mode

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • OK I tried only with those things :

Put a button, a textbox, etc. into your layout.

Add the touch plugin.

Set the fullscreen in browser property on Crop / Scale mode.

Launch your project on a mobile device (tested on ipad2 and iphone 4)

You can't do anything. Can't click on the button as well as can't set any text in the textbox....

smitchell I'm wondering if you encountered the same bug when you thought that it came from my plugin.

• aunch your project on a mobile device (tested on ipad2 and iphone 4)

You can't do anything. Can't click on the button as well as can't set any text in the textbox....

I have tested this on iphone 4,>> is Touching Button set Text "Hallo" in texbox <<< and it works fine for me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • vidi

Yes maybe, I didn't try this but that's not the problem.

The problem is that the default 'click' action of forms elements doesn't work.

Ashley may have the possibility to test it ?

• septeven: Please provide a test capx, just to be on the same wavelength/testing basis.

• Kyatric I'm not on the computer but it's simple, 'you' have just to follow that I said in my first post. Nothing else!..

• OK try this on ipad or iphone (or another mobile device, I guess that'll be the same).

If Ashley can fix it (if it's obviously a bug) because it's just impossible to use form controls correctly.

edit: it works correctly if you use the third party plugin 'touchmouse' instead of the official 'touch'...

• Works fine for pc touch screen. May be mobile specific, perhaps even device specific.

• newt PC touch screen, If I understand what you mean by this, use a cursor, isn't it ?

• newt PC touch screen, If I understand what you mean by this, use a cursor, isn't it ?

Either, or.

• Ashley Sorry to bumped it again but do you think it will be fixed soon?

• just wanted to add this bug myself, so I got prepared:

providing a capx: dl.dropbox.com/u/59009902/test.capx

and APK (as on android this doesn't work also): dl.dropbox.com/u/59009902/touch-test.apk

This really blocks my nearly finished app, as I cannot provide players the option to get their name to scoreboards :(

• I can reproduce, but argh, I can't find anything to do about it.

The only ways I can find to fix it also make the entire page swipe-able, which ruins any games using touch control (as you swipe the whole canvas slides up and down). So it seems we're either trapped between either broken form controls or the entire canvas swiping.

Don't know how to fix this for now...

Edit: would a workaround like an action "enable form controls" followed by "disable form controls" be acceptable? If you need text entry on a menu screen you could enable form controls, but then disable them and return to game mode for the game control...

• Ashley did you see what I wrote before? When I use the third party plugin mouse-touch, it works. Maybe you have to look to this way....?

About your edit, I don't think so, considering I develop only apps...

• septeven TouchMouse has the same problem here, it allows the entire page to be swiped.

• Ashley Ohh really ? I was sure that it worked correctly. I'm not on the computer right now, I'll check it tomorrow though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)