[r95] Failed to Open Project

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hi there

After saving a .capx project, and trying to reopen it, I get this message:

Failed to open project

Parameter specifies variable 'ToolTipEnabled' which does not appear to be an instance variable in 'PlaceableTile'

Line 4104, column 25

In Event sheet 1.xml

The file may be invalid. Try checking the file in a text editor (projects are saved in xml format).

I believe I know what happened. The object 'PlaceableTile' was part of a Family called 'ToolTips'. This family had a boolean variable 'ToolTipEnabled'. However, I removed PlaceableTile from this family after setting a default value for this variable, which might have screwed things up. I believe I used the right-click context menu to remove the PlaceableTile object from the family, which I've never done before.

How do I fix my project? I don't want to go in there and blindy delete things and completely screw it up. To be clear, it is saved as a .capx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • .capx files are just .zip files of a folder project so you can try renaming it to .zip then start tweaking the project XML until it works. Failing that email it to be and I can try to fix it.

I'll investigate this soon, but if you can reproduce it that would be great.

• Ah, I think I found the problem - removing objects from families would sometimes leave references in, e.g. MyObject.FamilyInstanceVar, even though the object no longer belongs to the family. Should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)