Random floor generation from pre-designed layouts

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:33 pm

I've just finished working on the random floor generation (using pre-designed layouts) for the Super Tower Escape. http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/868367/preview
It works smoothly without bugs etc, its just I want to add a fair few pre-designed sections and with the method I'm using at the moment. Well, it will take a while.

The method is to place the tiles/assets manually. Then I add the coordinates for each sprite under a variable. I then copy that variable (via debiging) and paste it into word as a reference for that design.

Next I add a "create object" event with each asset manually so when that design is chosen it will make it on the correct floor.

Here's a link to the capx so you can get a better idea of what I'm doing. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxfi81x659915go/SuperTowerEscape%20Prototype%201.capx?dl=0

What I'm wondering is, could I speed the process up? Right now it takes a fair while to add each object manually especially when I'm able to set the coords of them in a variable. For instance, is there anyway of taking that variable and doing it automatically?

Thanks for any help/ideas!
Need help finding the right look for your game? I can help! hayes2D.com
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Fun scrolling-collect game.
Do You want to generate how many floor that pass by variable?
Technically You just need to put FloorMarker in an acending/descending order by using loop 'For', such as:

On start of layout , For "elev" from 1 to 20 >> create FloorMarker at (loopindex*400, 0)
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:50 am

@alextro not what I was after, but that's still really handy as I'm after doing a couple of things like that for play stats.

What I'm after is a way to automatically create the floor patterns from a pre-made designed instead of right now where I'm using the creat object action. Don't think it's doable but I was just after some theories. It's just to speed up workflow tbh
Cheers!
Need help finding the right look for your game? I can help! hayes2D.com
B
S

Return to How do I....?