Random Golf Hole Game WIP

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:04 pm

It's a good game. Fun and easy to understand :-)
I guess the power control should be changed to use apply the maximum force on the right hand side and the lesser force on the left hand (the same convention most sport games have).

Cheers.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Excellent idea and seems to work well. I would definitely agree with kbdMaster about creating your own character and with eb0la on changing the power meter so the right side is higher power.

A couple other things I would suggest:

1-Add a hit counter. We players really like to know how well we are doing. It always helps to boost the users ego (or prick it if they aren't doing well).

2-Seperate the power setting from the shoot command. Adding a button to hit the ball would allow the user a little finer control before swinging.

Great work so far. I hope to see more.FragFather2011-12-21 23:47:08
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:04 am

The idea of generating random holes is great.

You give incommensurable levels to the players :)

I would just work on the system to throw balls, maybe pressing left mouse button and dragging to the strength and angle right would seem more intuitive.

Great work :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:32 am

harrio, eb0la, AngeloFernandes @

I took on board some of your suggestions, and put them into the latest build.

Added sounds
Launch button for ball
Each hole is now automatically created.

PLAY

Let me know what you think.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:00 am

Cool game chris. Works fine and you can get taken inside pretty easily ^^
It feels pretty solid now.
You should display the actual angle too though, like the force of the strike. Or some visual marker that allows to be more precise with the placing of the blue arrow.

The levels tend to repeat themselves a bit too. It's supposed to be random, but often the same patterns emerge. It would be nice to add more randomness to it

Apart from these details, nice job and a already fun playing game !

Kyatric2011-12-24 02:03:20
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:05 am

I've an idea for you, why don't you substitute the "shoot" button for "pressing the right mouse button" for shooting the ball?

It will make it faster to play.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:17 am

I like this game
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:43 am

Nice update. Great how it automatically makes another stage now - keeps the flow. Much more satisfying when you make a shot as well.

I like the ui effects when you go into the water or sand. Classy :)

I also like the jumps - its a cool mechanic, but i feel at the moment the player has no incentive to really use them (as the best strategy is to avoid all objects and terrain by shooting high every time).

One way you could remedy this is to add some extra sounds (perhaps an applause if a player makes a shot with the assistance of a jump).

I also think an appluse would be good if a player hits the shot first try (and maybe a cool popup that made you feel special - haha).

Just out of curiosity - have you tried implementing the "hold button for power" and shoot on release? Not that what you have isnt already fun - because it is :)
GenkiGenga2012-01-06 08:45:17
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:20 am

@chrisbrobs,
it is getting better with each iteration sir...well done.
i agree with genkigenga that a level of added polish would be added sounds for accomplishing certain things like a hole using the jumps, hole in one.
@genkigenga, to your question, he did have a mechanic like what you suggested in one of his earlier versions, but he changed it to this because it allows the player to change their mind about the shot, instead of being stuck with shooting, once you have set up the 'shot'.
i also agree that a numeral indicator for the angle would help with fine tuning shots as well. you could have the number inside your 'arc' graphic, to the right or front of the player.
this is really coming together nicely.
keep going sir.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Ah I see. That makes sense.

Still liking it - After my last post i played a little more with the jumps, very fun. :)
ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations