RANDOM LOCATION OBJECT

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:34 am

I know this has been asked in some form before but I'm not exactly sure if the answers are what I'm looking for.

I'm working on a game with 6 different platform heights the player jumps up and down on to move up and down the board. What I want is one random object to appear at any given time on one of the platforms for a period of time and then disappear and re-appear on another platform if the player does not move fast enough to touch the object.

I know how to set up a random range but how do I do it for specific spots? And as far as the wait time, destroy, create object I can do all that it's just the specific random points I'm not sure about.

If I need to make multiples of the object I know how to do that but I was just hoping use one and randomly make it appear to the platform spots.

Thanks and have a great day.

Markess
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:41 am

You could use the event:

System pick random platform
- create object at: platform.x,platform.y+50
(the plus 50 mis to make sure it's above the platform.)

I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Ok that might do the trick. Thank you I'll give you feedback asap.

Thanks
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?