Random Movement?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:47 pm

[quote="Doppel":2pqptet0]Speaking of which... PATH BEHAVIOR
I think someone already suggested this movement, how's the plan of making it ? :D[/quote:2pqptet0]
Yeah I have to second this. It would help in a lot of cases that I have been using in the past, as well as my current project. Trying to set inital X and Y coordinates, and blah blah blah.... it's harder than it should be, but still possible. A path movement behaviour would rock.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:36 pm

[quote="Caspis Sinclair":22nqjnsx][quote="Arcticus":22nqjnsx]It should be relatively easy to code it yourself, perhaps in conjunction with the rts object[/quote:22nqjnsx]

Yeah, wait x milliseconds and if nothing is occupying the same space, turn 90 degrees and walk for another x milliseconds, then check the space around you again and turn another 90 degrees, etc. Wouldn't take long to get it right.

I was just kind of thinking; "Too bad there isn't a 'random movement' button' to make things faster." :oops:[/quote:22nqjnsx]
Or you can set it to move to a random position every random amount of milliseconds. Then add all the things you want it to avoid as a pathfinding obstacle. Make sure you have the RTS pathfinding set to "Custom" instead of "Around 'Solid'". If you want it to move around everything set as a solid, then keep it at "Around 'Solid'" and do what I mentioned about pathfinding obstacles for things that aren't set as a solid.
B
G

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:20 am

[quote="Doppel":9a97kmxy]Speaking of which... PATH BEHAVIOR
I think someone already suggested this movement, how's the plan of making it ? :D[/quote:9a97kmxy]

Third'ed. Maybe we should start a new thread about it... or bump an old one.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion