Randomized an array for a deck of cards

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Oh yeah, so as in Maxum's example, the dealt card have it's value and color more or less embedded in the number of the animation frame he is on, you will have no problem to know which card you have on the board.
You will just have to compare the value and color of the card you drag and the card that you will overlap.
Easy Peasy.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 pm

The shuffle is incomplete... note the King of Spades
B
G

Post » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:54 am

Hi there. I see that this forum and postings are a little old but im thinking the information is still useful. I have downloaded and tried to open the capx examples but they are not opening in the newest version of C2. The below is the error I get when trying to load any of the examples within this post.

---------------------------
Error loading project
Failed to open project '\\?\C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\cap29HGH1\Scramble Cards.caproj':

object type uses unknown plugin ID
Under element: c2project \ object-folder \ object-type
Line 111, column 9

The file may be invalid. Try checking the file in a text editor (projects are saved in XML format).

Are there any updated examples I can use or maybe is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help on this.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:40 pm

^^ Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem with another example project.
B

Post » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:09 pm

@jlouter: the error means the capx needs a specific (custom) plugin to be opened.

Apparently those examples were made before Ashley implements dialogs that gives the name of the missing plugin(s).

On the first page of this thread you can see this post that links to the required plugin.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:05 pm

[QUOTE=Kyatric] @jlouter: the error means the capx needs a specific (custom) plugin to be opened.

Apparently those examples were made before Ashley implements dialogs that gives the name of the missing plugin(s).

On the first page of this thread you can see this post that links to the required plugin.[/QUOTE]
I downloaded the plugin that was listed in that post, and still had an issue with trying to open the capx like jlouter mentioned.

I also have an alternative shuffle in case anyone would like it:

This should address the issue mentioned above for incomplete shuffling.seridras2012-04-20 18:07:47
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:24 am

Hi Everybody! I am working on a card game and this project was a great place to start. I need to make one change and so far I was not able to find a solution. The project posted in this discussion deals the cards in a row. I need to assign a position to each new card... How can I change the events so that I can each new card where to go...

Thanks so much!
B

Post » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:05 am

Hi @jolibidi
The creating a memory match game tutorial shows some way to have more control about the cards layout.

Would it help you in solving your issue ?
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:28 am

Hi Kyatric! The tutorial is great. I was able to make changes so that I can assign the card position after I click on it. I've been trying to make one other change but I think it's way too complicated.. I'm trying to spread the cards in a sort of a fan, (each card cover the one before it with a bit of a offset or padding on the left) instead of placing in a tableau. Any suggestion how to go about it?
B

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 pm

loop from 0 to the total number of cards-1. use the loopindex +/- any offset you want to position each card as you loop thru
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?