Randomly Generated World

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 am

[QUOTE=Crazedgoalie56]I just want to know if there is an easy way to bring a game which was created in Construct and convert it to say C++ or Java or something.[/QUOTE]

No.
Construct-Classic will export to exe. Construct2 will export to HTML5 (for now).
That's all.

If you want to use C++, you'll have to program the whole thing in C++.
If you want to use java, you'll have to program the whole thing in java.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:35 am

Bummer. Well thank you for your help.
B
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:03 pm

While there are algorithms and plugins in Construct Classic that allow for randomized world creation, I am not sure if Construct 2 has any such capabilities yet.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:11 pm

[QUOTE=EmperorIng360] While there are algorithms and plugins in Construct Classic that allow for randomized world creation, I am not sure if Construct 2 has any such capabilities yet.[/QUOTE]

If CC's algorithms (event sheet) doesn't rely on custom plugin, than it is fully usable in C2 (and probably could be done cleaner codewise).

And if indeed, methods rely on custom plugins than it would be required to have a port of the plugin to C2 first.

Anyway, check page 1 I provided the first steps of a solution.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I wanted to know how I could make some modifications to this tile generation example.

For one, I already figured how to get it to spawn a giant map of one tile type randomly.

Next step, how do I get it to spawn each tile type in semi-random connected chunks/group, akin to a biome or zone?
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs I have made:
Zelda-Style Inventory
Zelda Hearts System

The unwritten "How do I" capx etiquette! Nearly always provide a capx of the problem you have, and try to isolate the problem and/or no capx above 10 MB. :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?