Rate Construct

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Why everyone is waiting for 1.0 it's little difference between 0.92 and 1.0 :P. Help Construct to have less bugs! Or you'l face them in 1.0
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:46 pm

[quote="deadeye":yz8mga9x]
It doesn't start for you? If it doesn't now, it probably won't then.[/quote:yz8mga9x]It did start before, but ever since one of the older updates, it began crashing at start for me. It's not impossible to get something that was once broken fixed again. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Lol, our ratings dipped and I worked out someone rated us 1 on fileforum, download.com and we got 8 ratings of 1 on softpedia. I think I know which company these people are affiliated with, but I wont name names :) Perhaps these people would like to leave a comment and make some suggestions for improvements if they really think it's that poor ;)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Wow, I hadn't thought about that. It's entirely likely that you'll get more negative reviews than positive ones what with all the drama going on a while back, at least until 1.0 launches and the user base spikes. It's sad to think that there are passive-aggressive cowards out there who have nothing better to do than anonymously bash on something that doesn't affect them at all.

And don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong with Construct that time and testing won't cure. I'd consider taking Construct off those sites until after you launch 1.0 though, if that's possible. Wait until there are a couple polished Construct games out there, and let people judge for themselves what Construct can do. Once there's some content to back Construct up it'll be pretty difficult to say it's a poor program, and anyone who does will look like an idiot.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:23 am

Well, it could be C****team, but it could also be the usual 1 ratings that 90% of apps/videos/etc get for no reason.

Or both ...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Just because of the hate votes I gave you 10 sympathy Excellents on softpedia.

Dynamic IP is fun.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:20 pm

[quote="ChrisY":320dln32]Just because of the hate votes I gave you 10 sympathy Excellents on softpedia.

Dynamic IP is fun.[/quote:320dln32]
Proxy servers are too :P
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:46 am

Heh, well thanks, but life's too short to worry about anonymous ratings on random download sites. If someone wants to be that petty it doesn't matter, I'm confident Construct is good enough to succeed purely on the fact it is (or will be) good software, rather than the ratings it has anywhere :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:36 pm

I probably won't rate it just yet, but I'd just like to let you know that starting Monday, I'll be running hour long game development discussions/seminars for my College's Gaming Club since they all seem to think I know a good amount about it, and they liked my past games (I don't think they're so great anymore but whatever...)...

Anyway, we got a lot of feedback saying that people wanted to learn how to make games as part of our club's events, so I checked what I could work with...

XNA would be great for many of the programmers in the school (it is an Engineering school after all...) but would scare some less inclined to program away, and I was always stressing that programming is only a small part of the whole. Bad art, music, storyline, gameplay will each drag down top notch programming...

That, and I realized, most of us are already swamped with work,and it would be a bit of work getting things running well in XNA. I"m not abandoning it, but I'll save focus on it for until I learn it better... (and the semester's over in a month and a half anyway...)

So, python support in Construct took the best of both worlds and made this an easy choice. I'll be featuring Construct as our dev tool of choice so I can hopefully get the concepts of good game design across, as well as the importance of art, music (refer to my creations thread heh), and most importantly, fun...

Hopefully Construct will find as many fans as I'm hoping. And hopefully, the Digital Media Department will notice and help advertise my events...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:00 pm

Sounds great, let me know how that goes :) I might recommend waiting until the 1.0 release until you get a lot of people using Construct though - bear in mind so long as we're in beta, I can't make much in the way of guarantees about stability etc. I've had a few reports of .cap files corrupting in 0.93, so it might be sensible to save any serious use for 1.0. Your call.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion