Rate Construct

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:00 pm

Sounds great, let me know how that goes :) I might recommend waiting until the 1.0 release until you get a lot of people using Construct though - bear in mind so long as we're in beta, I can't make much in the way of guarantees about stability etc. I've had a few reports of .cap files corrupting in 0.93, so it might be sensible to save any serious use for 1.0. Your call.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:56 am

Yeah, I know, but since it's such a short time this time around, I don't expect us to get too much done, just a very simple game really...

This time around it was going to be more about the pieces that go together to make a good game, and using Construct as an engine to get it down quickly, and see nearly instant results. Even the way the effects system works in Construct lends itself to a mini history of GPU's and such...

Next time around (next two semesters) will feature making more complex games and demos, and there's a good chance Construct will be 1.0 and even more impressive then...

Don't worry, I was planning on making it clear that it's still beta and things may break. And since I'm keeping it simple, recreating anything wouldn't be a problem. (not that I ever ran into any file corruption)

Also, I'm also hoping we'll get some programmers who'll be skilled enough to make plugins and such (which reminds me, I have to get Visual Studio installed again...) or are interested in contributing to an open source project...

I really want to get the word out about Construct more before the major release so that when it does release a 1.0 with a big internet launch party they'll all want to show up...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:59 am

Good luck with it, hope it goes well - I'd be happy to offer any assistance if you need it. If anyone's interested in plugin development or code contributions, get them on these forums ;)

Do you have a room full of computers with shader 2.0? If so, that's pretty cool, heh.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:13 am

Nah... I wish... The school does requires everyone to have a laptop (whether they really need it or not I found...) and most of them have at least basic shader 2.0 support based on the school's recommended specs.

But either way, the beauty of Construct is the ability to cater to those with low end hardware to high end hardware...
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion