Raven - Open World 2D RPG(Early stage of development)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • Hi all, here is my game idea:

You play as a bird, you can fly everywhere, you can do good things and bad things and game ends when you find Phoenix - another bird that will punish you for doing bad things OR reward you for doing good things.

Asking for your help, I have no experience at making RPGs and it would be nice if someone will work with me as a teammate.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I made a little demo: dropbox.com/s/wndryocz6ywciua/Raven.exe?dl=1

• UPD: Screenshot added

UPD2: Construct crashed and .cap corrupted, I had to recreate everything, so there is no clouds in new demo because I forgot how to wrap them properly.

• PhoeNYX

I'll reply here too. If you PM me the cap I'd be happy to try to recover what I can. I made a python library called Capreader that allows you to open cap files. The advantage of it is even if the file is corrupted you can access anything up to the point of corruption.

• PhoeNYX

I'll reply here too. If you PM me the cap I'd be happy to try to recover what I can. I made a python library called that allows you to open cap files. The advantage of it is even if the file is corrupted you can access anything up to the point of corruption.

I cannot PM you because I dont have 500 rep, so I'll just leave it public.

dropbox.com/s/2dlcjyhw9auhab7/raven.cap?dl=1

Thank you.

• It opens and runs fine here. What is the error you get?

It possibly could be you're running out of video ram. Open the task manager and see if any temp.exe, temp1.exe, temp2.exe, ...etc are running and close them. Those are the previews and if your game crashes they may not close right and are retaining video ram.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I dont get any errors, file opens, but its kinda empty. Other files are opened normally. Im not home right now, Ill write when I get there. Thanks

• dOk, there wasnt any temp.exe running and I still cant open file.

Another 2 files got corrupted. That happens mostly when Im trying to load a new .cap file when preview is up.

Also, just finished day&night cycle and added weather effects. Only thing left to do is huge game map and bunch of quests. NOW I actually need someone's help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)