Ray-Casting. Requested feature.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:42 pm

I have been using C2 for a quite a while, and I have even bought a licence. But one big missing feature is Ray-Casting!

I know there are a couple people who have already made a Ray-Cast with the existing features of Construct 2, most notably Sqiddster. But there are a few problems with using this method. For one thing, is is very difficult to create multiple Ray-Casts, running at the same time. For another, when I did manage to create multiple working Ray-Casts, the frame rate dropped.

While a wide variety of ray-cast features would be nice, there are a few essential features that any Ray-Casting system would need. First off all you would need to be able to set the length of the Ray-Cast. You would also need to be able to access the length of the Ray-Cast, when it hit, as well as the hit position. It would also be nice to be able to visualize the Ray-Cast.

I would be amazingly happy to read the patch notes, and find out that a Ray-Cast feature was added to Construct 2! and I am sure many of you feel the same.
| |
If you have any questions, or comments please leave them V below! V

( Sqiddster's post ---> https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/902/li ... raycasting)
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Would a plugin suffice :)?
A big fan of JavaScript. Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Just tried squidsters cap x and just cloned 4 more rays. It does everything you want. It seems very very efficient.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-gam ... cast-14205
My in work shmup game CYBERSTORM DEVLOG - "That Terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Colludium wrote:Would a plugin suffice :)?

Yes! A Plugin would work great.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General