Razzia - Cinematic platformer

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Wow, the character movements and animations are very very good.
It must have been very hard to pay attention to such details.
I love Flashback and I'm definetely looking forward to your game.

One thing though: When they are in a position to dodge bullets it looks
weird because they're not hiding behind anything on the scenario. It's like
they became invisible or something.

Well done, sir!
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:44 pm

@Ethan Thank you, I thought it turned out good too!

@byondisoft Thanks! It's certainly hard work getting every animation working like they should but it's worth the effort! Yeah I'm actually working on specific cover spots for the game right now, the bigger problem is getting the enemy AI to utilize them as well.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:06 pm

@eliasfrost: Ah, I see. That's great. I once saw an example (different game engine)
that there were some hidden spots/sprites around certain places. When any character
touched that specific spot it would allow an additional move. I'm not sure how complex
that was though.

Keep the good work and keep us updated. :-)
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:47 pm

That's pretty much how I've planned. With the updated engine I have a tilemap that acts like a trigger mask for the levels and whenever I need a new trigger I just add a new tile and check whether the character is overlapping the new tile and then do the thing I want. Much easier than before when every trigger was its own sprite (which was super inefficient)

Thank you, stay tuned :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:49 am

• I've updated the running animation for the main character and improved the animation when jumping to grab a ledge.
  • I've also implemented cover, your character can only take cover in specific areas (like the dark areas and the trees), enemies now detect the cover furthest from the player and roll into it.
  • I'm also working on getting various mechanisms to work together, like levers, pressure plates, lasers and things like that. here's an example with a lever that activate rocks that fall down onto pressure plates that then activate the next rock).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:11 pm

It's really cooooool
Slovo app Android version
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Looking really good. I may get round to making a similar styled game eventually but I think I have a lot more to learn first.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:36 pm

I finally bumped in to this project. It looks wonderful!
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:05 am

Thank you MegatronX, Altus and Genejoke!

I'm currently doing some stuff on the side hence why there's been little in the way of updates lately. I'm also working on storyboarding and some boring stuff like menus and options but once I have something worth showing I will update this thread, stay tuned!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:03 am

I must just say woah! The first screens in the beginning just took me so vividly back to Oddworld <3 I love those first two Abe's games. Munch was a disappointment and Stranger's I haven't even played. You have really put in some work into the animations here. I am glad you did. Makes things soo much smoother. Screens look very good. Nicely decorated and detailed without becoming too much.

I read the post regarding music. I'd really like to hear more ambient noises instead of constant music throughout the game. Situations and events do require it but good environment replaces the music nicely :)
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests