real: construct 2 not have a good performance

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:18 pm

hi,
construct 2 not have a good performance !
i working on construct 2 for a month for making one game
now i tried in my phone (i using cocoonjs for compile to android apk .. (other ways not so good !))
but is so lagy and i tried every things !
i read about performance tips and...
but stil it is lagy in galaxy note 2 and it is so lagy on 1 core processor...
if you think problem is my game just try auto_runner example
it is lagy in 1 core processor phone too !!!!! this game is so simple and must have not any lag
construct 2 is good for making game but its not a native .. and it is a big problem
1 month of my life just wasted beacuse of construt 2
now i just want to try other engine wich they are native
(sorry i not good in english)
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Ughhhh, not another one of these...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Add dt everywhere, do some image compression, look over your coding for sprite object overdraw. Use cocoonjs or intel xdk for native mobile export, unless you want it to work on mobile phone browsers it will require a bit more coding magic for this to work well.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:09 pm

You have a Galaxy Note 2 powered by a Mali-400 GPU.
Try to export with CocoonJS 1.4.7 instead of 2.0.0 and avoid crosswalk until they add the gpu-blacklist removal option.
I'm saying this because I noticed a severe drop on performance on some device of my test base with the release of CocoonJS 2.0.
I never associated this issue with the chromium GPU blacklist but today I noticed that every device that struggle with crosswalk now have a bad performance also with CocoonJS 2.0. And all those devices have GPU blacklisted by the chromium team (Mali 400-Adreno 200)
Maybe Ludei team has adopted the same blacklist after the introduction of their chromium based webview+ also for their old canvas+ product. I'm just speculating since CJS is closed source and communicating with Ludei is somewhat hard.
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:34 pm

"sorry i not good in english": A perfect example of why html5 doesn't run as expected on native platforms.
Just as it took you a month to make your game, or the the years it might take to get "good" at English, the people providing the service must learn how to make a proper translation.
Patience is not an option, it is a requirement.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:37 pm

retrodude wrote:Add dt everywhere, do some image compression, look over your coding for sprite object overdraw. Use cocoonjs or intel xdk for native mobile export, unless you want it to work on mobile phone browsers it will require a bit more coding magic for this to work well.

when simple game like autorunner (example game) is running so bad on low-end mobile device how i expecte my game sell or download too much !
in other game engine you dont have problem such that !
i really love construct 2 this software is new generation of maker softwares
and html5 is good but i think not good for make mobile games yet
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:38 pm

newt wrote:"sorry i not good in english": A perfect example of why html5 doesn't run as expected on native platforms.
Just as it took you a month to make your game, or the the years it might take to get "good" at English, the people providing the service must learn how to make a proper translation.
Patience is not an option, it is a requirement.

true ...
html5 is not good for mobile games yet ...
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Fimbul wrote:Ughhhh, not another one of these...

Agreed, just wasted 1 min of my life reading his rant.
Feel kinda sorry for him, he is about to waste another month only to realize that there is nothing wrong with Construct 2's performance, but rather that the fault is his.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:49 pm

DUTOIT wrote:
Fimbul wrote:Ughhhh, not another one of these...

Agreed, just wasted 1 min of my life reading his rant.
Feel kinda sorry for him, he is about to waste another month only to realize that there is nothing wrong with Construct 2's performance, but rather that the fault is his.

you can make game like rayman with construct 2 ? "you can not"
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 pm

generalhak wrote:you can make game like rayman with construct 2 ? "you can not"

Since you made the statement, the burden of proof is on you.
Prove me that it's impossible to "make game like rayman with construct 2". Otherwise your statement is invalid.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General