Real Time Multiplayer With Construct 2

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Oh okay, well I'll of course look at that plugin but it would involve redoing everything I've done to try to get it to work with the socket.io etc.. I mean it's like 90% there... There's just the issues with player names flashing and not being constant and also the game playing fast-forward catch-up when you return from minimising the game...
B

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:06 am

@Televangelist Can you add me to that group aswell? Can you send me details via PM? Thanks
B

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:15 am

@Ashley
Heiach wrote:I connected to the server in the example and it was laggy as all hell.. and if that's what multiplayer is like using that plugin, I'm better off with what I've managed to piece together with snippets of code...

same expirience here... :(
(my location is in Europe)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:04 pm

It's still entirely the quality of your connection to the host. If you're connecting to some random person who's also in the example, then it also depends on the quality of their connection. Set up your own room to give it a fair test. Otherwise if you are just connecting two random machines on the Internet, it's a lottery whether you get a good result or not. None of this is really anything to do with the C2 multiplayer plugin, it's just how the Internet works.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Message: Basen can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@Televangelist [email protected]

B

Post » Fri May 22, 2015 2:45 am

Message: chanchino can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@Televangelist

Plz add me to the group as well. [email protected]
I am currently in the process of learning how to access HTML5 game by ios and windows phone..
Since they don't support multiplayer object, I'm looking for a way around it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm having troubles getting things specific to each user remaining seperate, like each player chooses a different character on the selection screen but they all end up looking like the same one etc..
B

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:54 am

Have you switched to the Scirra multiplayer plugin ? or still using the socket stuff ??

I made several games using varying multiplayer techniques, php, websocket, socket.io, Scirra's web rtc etc

For me I can say the best results have been with Scirra's web rtc.
I even combined a few techniques in some games, but the Scirra multiplayer is the core for player/player interaction.

The only problem with Scirra's multiplayer, is that it's approach is not so obvious and straightforward as other techniques.
You need to work out what will work best for your game mechanic.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?