Recording gameplay issue (NWjs, youtubers)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:39 pm

PixelPower wrote:I think the screen recorders are fine ane Construct 2 is the problem. If the youtubers can record any game from other engines than that means Construct 2 is the problem. If Construct 2 developers don't want to fix the problem, then just say so. Stop with all the excuses already , everything can't be someone elses fault.

It doesn't work like that. Construct 2 relies on NW.js to have your game working on PC. Try exporting as HTML5 and testing if it works in Firefox or Chrome. If it does, then the problem is NW.js.

NW.js is not made by Scirra but everytime something breaks on it, they take it to the developers of NW.js. Still it is faster if you just go to https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues and create a new issue there so the bug is looked at by people who actually work in NW.js.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:03 pm

andreyin wrote:
PixelPower wrote:I think the screen recorders are fine ane Construct 2 is the problem. If the youtubers can record any game from other engines than that means Construct 2 is the problem. If Construct 2 developers don't want to fix the problem, then just say so. Stop with all the excuses already , everything can't be someone elses fault.

It doesn't work like that. Construct 2 relies on NW.js to have your game working on PC. Try exporting as HTML5 and testing if it works in Firefox or Chrome. If it does, then the problem is NW.js.

NW.js is not made by Scirra but everytime something breaks on it, they take it to the developers of NW.js. Still it is faster if you just go to https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues and create a new issue there so the bug is looked at by people who actually work in NW.js.

But Ashley said it was the screen recorders that was the problem. The screen recorders are not the problem. I just notice lately everytime something doesn't work or breaks, its not Construct 2 problem. Whether its this, Steam or Kongagrate its always someone elses fault.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:25 pm

PixelPower wrote:
andreyin wrote:

But Ashley said it was the screen recorders that was the problem. The screen recorders are not the problem. I just notice lately everytime something doesn't work or breaks, its not Construct 2 problem. Whether its this, Steam or Kongagrate its always someone elses fault.

I feel the same way sometimes but it is indeed not Scirra's fault. They just rely WAY too much on third-party applications and if something breaks on their end there's nothing they can do.

NW.js is just a port of Chrome. If the game records well on Chrome and not on NW.js, it's NW.js fault.

If you want to test it you could grab the code for any HTML5 game NOT made in C2 yourself and compile with NW.js. If it does work with this game and not with a game made in C2, then it's C2's fault and you should fill a bug report.

This happens with every engine. If you buy a plugin for Unity and it doesn't work with a new Unity update, who has the fix it? The Unity team or the plugin creator? The same applies here.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:02 pm

The probable issue is that Chrome uses multiple instances, so screen recorders don't know which one to record.
A work around might be to make it just use one.
Or get the fine screen recorders to change their software.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:42 pm

newt wrote:The probable issue is that Chrome uses multiple instances, so screen recorders don't know which one to record.

Yeah that seems to be the solution so adding --single-process chromium option should do the trick, but I failed to do so. Would be great if Ashley could try it. I'm not that experienced in manual NWjs setup so I probably messed some detail there.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:44 pm

BackendFreak wrote:
newt wrote:The probable issue is that Chrome uses multiple instances, so screen recorders don't know which one to record.

Yeah that seems to be the solution so adding --single-process chromium option should do the trick, but I failed to do so. Would be great if Ashley could try it. I'm not that experienced in manual NWjs setup so I probably messed some detail there.

People have been talking about "--single-process" but using "--in-process-gpu" has always worked for me, even with the Steam overlay problem. I've heard it doesn't work properly with Nvidia gpus but I've always tested on them and it always works..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:25 pm

I can confirm that. My game uses "--in-process-gpu" and I can capture gameplay with every screen capture software I have tried. And I have never heard any issues by youtubers either. Also Steam overlay works just fine as well with that arg for most drivers.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:I can confirm that. My game uses "--in-process-gpu" and I can capture gameplay with every screen capture software I have tried. And I have never heard any issues by youtubers either. Also Steam overlay works just fine as well with that arg for most drivers.

Do you simply edit "package.json" in exported package.nw to add "--in-process-gpu"?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:35 pm

I have added that to the nw.js template file so it always exports it by default but yes you can also add it in there manually in the package.json after export as the last arg as they have an order to follow.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:I have added that to the nw.js template file so it always exports it by default but yes you can also add it in there manually in the package.json after export as the last arg as they have an order to follow.

Ah it's unders "Construct 2\exporters\html5\nwjs". I was searching for this template in NWjs directory instead of C2 dir and couldn't find it earlier. I will give it another try. Thank you very much!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General