Recording gameplay issue (NWjs, youtubers)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:39 am

Lof wrote:I've test NWjs export with this new argument and I still get a black screen when trying to record with OBS, anyone else tested OBS?

I just installed and tried OBS. It works fine for me. Recorded a gameplay on default settings. I just installed the OBS, launched the game and started to record.

What NW.js version do you use?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Did you manage to get it to work with "Capture Game"? because capture screen and window are working, but they not as optimal for game recording.

I use NWjs 0.18.7 and c2 r239.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Lof wrote:Did you manage to get it to work with "Capture Game"? because capture screen and window are working, but they not as optimal for game recording.

Are you sure you are using the current OBS and not OBS classic? Wasn't that "game capture mode" a purely OBS classic thing?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:44 pm

It was reported to me by a someone who tried to stream my game on twitch, I downloaded both classic and studio latest versions, both have a game capture option, and it doesn't work on both.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:49 pm

I may have been mislead by using the Linux OBS.. there the "game capture mode" doesn't exist.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:50 pm

Lof wrote:Did you manage to get it to work with "Capture Game"? because capture screen and window are working, but they not as optimal for game recording.

Ah, you haven't mentioned "Capture Game" mode earlier. I have black screen with "Capture Game" mode as well.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 am

Icecream Screen Recorder works perfectly.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:02 am

was this error fixed?

B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:28 pm

IJCT wrote:was this error fixed?

This is a more complex issue that cannot easily be "fixed", I think so at least.
There are a lot of factors in play that make it impossible for some game recorders to either detect or record gameplay.

While I personally blame the browser vendors for making things difficult for game recorders,
it's not really up to them to find the perfect recording software to record gameplay.
Professional content creators (YouTube, Twitch etc.) should always use a variety of recording software
to ensure that they're able to record all kinds of games, even the ones that run on weird browser engines. :roll:

---

Idea For A Dedicated Topic Which Lists Supported Game Recorders:

I was thinking about creating a topic for this problem specifically.
The topic would basically be a huge list of game recorders including information like:
> Did the game recording work as intended?
> On which version of NW.js and OS was the test run on?
> Were there any workarounds involved in order to get it to work?
> And other recorder specific information...

This topic of mine would be fairly simple, I'd probably create a short google form that people can make use of.
I would also include some sort of template that Steam developers could post in their game-hub (Steam Discussions),
in order to inform content creators about recommended recording software for their Construct 2/3 games.

Would you guys be interested in that, should I create a dedicated topic for supported game recorders?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General