Recording gameplay issue (NWjs, youtubers)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:28 pm

newt wrote:I tried, but the only position available was ass.
I'm over qualified.

I'am an ass because C2 developers blame other companies for stuff not working. So I point out several occasions like Steam port not working properly , Kongregrate and now video recorder not working properly and that makes me an ass. No that makes you dumb for listening to all the excuses and following C2 blindly.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:39 pm

PixelPower wrote:....I am stating actual fact, everytime there is a problem C2 developers say its not thier fault. Whether its Steam ,Kongragate or video players. Where did I lie?

Facts rely upon a quantitative measurement and all I'm seeing here is subjective statements.

Please provide a reliable way of determining the problem and I for one will gladly test it.

Also, there is some borderline trolling and unhelpful posts appearing in this thread from a few users which will not be tolerated. Please desist
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:20 pm

it's true that with bandicam I could not record the gameplay directly from within the game, the screen capture mode mode however works flawlessly, maybe I should be more documented on why it is so important to have a direct capture from the window itself but for now I'd suggest people to use their software in partial screen record mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oZk3p0OcZw

Also I kinda agree with ashley on that one, no game supports that one or that one recording software, but I guess if the nw.js team fixes it that is a plus.

or perhaps an action to record gameplay directly in C2 like some emulators do but I do not see that hapenning anytime soon.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Aphrodite wrote:
or perhaps an action to record gameplay directly in C2 like some emulators do but I do not see that hapenning anytime soon.

Check out the user media plug.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:05 pm

newt wrote:
Aphrodite wrote:or perhaps an action to record gameplay directly in C2 like some emulators do but I do not see that hapenning anytime soon.

Check out the user media plug.

I would be careful with that, as a self proclaimed "fanboy" of the canvas recorder I have to say that it's not very stable right now. :P
Although VP9 recording got fixed by Ashley a few weeks ago, there are still bugs left like for example bloated memory use and even crashes when using NWjs (32bit).
Finding a fix for those (bug-reporting to the browser vendors) is my task now though, as it seems like C2 is not at fault.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:42 pm

It's not our problem if a screen recorder doesn't work. It's obviously a bug in the screen recorder app. I don't know what else to say. It's unreasonable to expect us to fix problems in other people's software.

Imagine if I made a microphone that could record most things, but not the sound of birds singing. Obviously I need to fix the microphone. It is crazy to suggest the birds are singing wrong.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:58 am

NWjs 0.18.5 is available (https://nwjs.io/blog/v0.18.5/). Looks like they've fixed the single-process bug (and gamepad). Haven't tested yet.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:14 pm

@newt the worst part is I read about it in the past but forgot it, I'm stupid sometimes like that :p
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:08 pm

@BackendFreak can we install that without waiting for scirra?
We are kinda in the middle of a publishing deal that may get dropped if we don't fix this issue. :(

@ashley
When can we expect v0.18.5 which has been released already on Scirra?
or can we simply install without using the Scirra build? we don't have much time to spare. Please help us.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:15 pm

I just tried installing the latest (v0.18.5 NW.JS) from their own site into Program Files/NWjsForC2
But the game won't load, only black screen and there's like 5 .exe files running..

This is bullshit, excuse my language....
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General