Recreate location as player moves

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:56 pm

@XpMonster, Alright :). I've just started work on a website, http://c2develop.weebly.com/, which my tutorial will be uploaded to when it's complete. I have to work tonight, but I've started the tutorial and will have it ready for you tomorrow!

Also, it'd be awesome if afterwords, you could help me by sharing the tutorial and example via social media. :) My tutorials will be Public Domain and adless, so they're completely open and available for use for all Construct 2 users.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:40 pm

@KTML5 OK. It's a good deed.
However I do not really use social media so don't got many friends to share with. Especially friends interested in C2.
But I do keep the list of people who have helped me with my game. So I'll try to return the favor to you.
Later I will create pages and such for my game and then won't forget to promote your project. Same applies for my website when it's done.
I'm a Magician, not a Developer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:41 pm

@XpMonster, :) That's alright, thanks! What you choose to do is up to you, after all, it is public domain!

Anyways, I apologize, the tutorial is nearly complete. Just making sure everything is perfect lol.

Rather than getting it done today, I'm going to build an entire template. I've decided to make this a multi part Online RPG Maker game, where players can build maps and play on them. This way I can teach quite a lot with one project.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:11 am

@XpMonster, :) I've got the first part of the tutorial series posted. It won't be very helpful to you right now, I'm going to make an entire project expert level template out of this.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:32 am

@KTML5 Thank you!

I'll check it out later. Anything related to map editor could be helpful to me as well.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:12 pm

@KTML5

Good tutorial. Constructers with proper knowledge should understand it well enough.
When do you planning to write next part?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:08 am

@XPMonster, sorry for taking so long! :) I've been working 60+ hours so I can afford funding the promotion and marketing of my current projects. It's a big workload right now, but I'll get back to this as soon as possible. I have the next two days off, so I'll try to fit it in!
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:55 pm

@KTML5,

Hello! Don't want to bother you, but have you by any chance created something?
I would be OK with just what I'm after. Can get editor working by myself.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:57 am

@XpMonster, Sorry, I'm not going to be finishing that tutorial any time soon.
Instead, I'm going to give out the source .CAPX for the "free" version of my project, which includes the techniques required to save and load map data in the way you're wanting to do.

The only difference between the way I was going to teach how to do it, and the way I'm doing it in my game, is that all maps are going to be created inside an editor, and then display on one half of the layout. This allows split-screen players to adventure through a big overworld, while existing in two completely separate levels at the same time. It's pretty fucking awesome.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:02 pm

@KTML5 Haven't seen it yet of course, but does sounds cool when you say it.
I'm currently in very early stage of my game and it's a huge project. First tech version includes root features for it and this is one of them.
I may sound too ambitious sometimes, but I most likely die than won't finish this one. It's been beared in mind for too long and I have done so much already -_-

I'll make sure to include you in early alpha testing. You won't hear of it soon tho.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?