reduce bullet speed over time

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • I already posted this topic but unfortunately no answers, So sorry for re-posting.

But i basically want to slow down a object thats using the bullet behavior over time, I think i need to use lerp() But im unsure how to use this :(

Any santa's little helpers around? :)

Thanks.

• it depends on what exactly you want to do, but you can just set bulletspeed to speed var, and just substract from speedvar every ..seconds

• vtrix, When the players y is greater than a certain number then i want the bullet speed to reduce to 0 but smoothly,

I tried to set a variable :

minSpeed = 0

then when players y is greater than the number i chose, lerp(Player.speed,minSpeed,0.8) But it didnt work :(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • isnt it like this, will need to check :)

lerp(Player.speed,minSpeed,0.8*dt)

yes this should work ?

• How is your event exactly ?

• Oh yeah, but its still not working.

Im setting the players current speed to 400 every tick, So it doesnt work :(

• kiyoshi, Every tick i set the players speed to a global varaible 'Speed'

When its y position is greater than a target(have not decided yet) then i need its speed to slow down..

• yes that will not work, just set the current speed once, otherwise it will overwrite the slowdown

just to this lerp(speed,0,0.8*td)

• Hmm Thanks, Basically I think im approaching this wrong.

I need to be able to set the bullets speed to slow down once it hits that y position then replicate physics and speed up again. I know the bullet object has a built in physics property but i cannot use it in this case the controls are a little to complicated.

So a little breakdown:

Players y > (TargetY) - Slowdown Bullet object,

Players Y < (TargetY) Increase speed back to normal.

Take a look at this game,

youtube.com/watch

Its been quite popular on this forum, But it shows what im trying to achieve quite well, If the players y > than a certain y then it slows down and feels heavy.. Unless it hits a booster..

• whaleRip.capx

(you really want to make the same game? just buy it and play it )

• I would buy it but i dont own a IOS device.

And im not making exactly the same game, You'll see when its complete, It has some of the same features and many more :)+ its a racing game :)

But i truly do love the game! I play it on my friends IPad all the time.

• yeah yann maybe you can make the whaleplugin :)

• It would be cool if someone made a behavior to be like that :O!!

• I have other plugins in mind... (:

• O_o...

Just set the bullet's acceleration property to a negative value, and it will slow down over time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)