Reducing/Filterring Collisions for multiple instances

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:20 pm

debug mode?
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:04 am

@Centra hmmm not sure! I tried to optimize early on. Plus most of those objects are just background/scene art. So there's no thing to them except for holding their place on the map. Do your objects have a lot of complex code associated to them? I did what Colludium told me to do and disabled a lot of my enemies if they weren't on screen. This greatly reduced
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 am

if you're runing through a debug mode, try adding watch to only a few variables that are of your interest (like fps, cpuutil and so on..) and then change view in lower pane to watch. behold!

p.s. you can always try your pc with debug mode from my game - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136 ... index.html - go to options and turn on debug mode (you can also turn on / off particles to test the difference, it should work way faster without them :) )
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General