Reflecting/Glare Sun ?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Royalty free tracks, 10 stings and 34 sound FX to use in your indie games & projects.
  • I make a Platformer. I have a Sun that slowly moves. Parallax is 10,100. The Sun hide sometimes in trees. It looks nice in my Opinion but I want to create a effect,something like this

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Is this possible ?

• Yes, this is actually quite easy to do. Here, I'll draw up an image:

While the player is in the trigger area, the flare will line up with the player and will be set to visible until it is out of the trigger area.

Each individual circle will immitate a ring of light, like a beam.

You will want each individual circle to line up with the flare, and slowly decrease in Y coordinate so it looks like it is getting more in your face as it follow the player and the player gets closer to the origin. (the formula for the flare will be a pain in the ass, so good luck.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could have one sprite object as the sun in the background and the glare effect on a layer on top with additive effect. You could easily make this with lens flare in photoshop. Pin the glare to the sun. Use events to control the opacity and size of your glare sprite. Check If SUN is overlapping your BGsprites or some kind of invisible sprite for collision detection. If it is overlapping check distance from center of sun to center of collision-sprite, if the sun is bellow your collision-sprite use the distance to make a multiplier for your glare sprites opacity and size. I think you will find this fairly resource intensive but I cannot see another way of doing it.

• Yes, this is actually quite easy to do. Here, I'll draw up an image:

While the player is in the trigger area, the flare will line up with the player and will be set to visible until it is out of the trigger area.

Each individual circle will immitate a ring of light, like a beam.

You will want each individual circle to line up with the flare, and slowly decrease in Y coordinate so it looks like it is getting more in your face as it follow the player and the player gets closer to the origin. (the formula for the flare will be a pain in the ass, so good luck.)

Yes it's work. Thank you very much.

But it looks a litte bit strange. How the sprite should looks like ? I mean a square isn't right,i also need that it's looks like more dynamic and naturally.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)