[Released] SpritMator: 3D Animated Model into 2D SpriteSheet

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
2d mushroom sprite 2d game character enmy sprite game art
  • Hello Everybody,

Have you ever seen a very good animated 3d model (character, creature, animals...etc) and you dreamed to use it for your 2D game! We have good news for you! That dream comes true!

One More Direction Into Your 2D Game

We would like to introduce our new software we called it SpritMator (http://spritmator.com/): 3D SpriteSheet Generator AND Animator. The breakthrough of the year!!

The idea behind SpritMator is that, it can play the animations clips (that come with the 3D model) then create transparent sequence images of that animation. You can import the results to your 2D game such as Construct 2. Since it is a 3D, you can position the view, light, shadow position, as you pleased before rendering.

There are many options, for example:

Flexible Capture Options: Whether you want a single screenshot, animated image sequence, or 3D rotated image sequence. All are available with different capture options: With colored Background, transparent, transparent with controlled shadow density, or even with Ghost component! Have you ever seen this before!!!

Amazing Real-time Effects: Apply Effects on the 3D models on the fly to get completely new and amazing looks! Many Effects are available and you can custom your own Effects.

Instant Textures Modifier: Apply, modify, and re-apply textures with single click on real-time. All models are provided with its original textures. You can modify the texture using any editor (i.e. Photoshop) and then apply the new texture instantly.

Easy Objects Attachment And Animations Adjustment: With our smart IK system, you can adjust animations on real-time. Objects can be attached to any animated bone on the fly. Same animation clip can be used whether it is a single pistol, two handed gun, or any kind of objects.

Huge To-Do list: What we have done is just the start! We have huge to-do list and we really need your feedback!

Beta Price: It is completely FREE for now! Hurray up and register for FREE!

Free Documentation and Support: What you are waiting for! Give it a try!

Installation Steps:

1) Download the software (zipped file) spritmator.com/download

2) You have to create an account spritmator.com/join-us

3) Unzip the downloaded files. Find SpritMator.exe and start

4) First screen is the login page: use your registered email and password (not username)

5) Find more info at our Knowledge-Base spritmator.com/knowledge-base

Let me know your feedback! If you need support please let me know!

• After I modeled and animated a character in Blender, why would I port it to your application just to render it? Is there something you offer that Blender or Maya dose not?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Jojoe,

Thanks for your interest.

For now we support FBX and unitypackage formats. But, I suggest you to open a ticket and provide more info as I believe blender can export to FBX.

• Yeah!

Blender exports .png, .JPG, .MP4, .OGG, .TXT, and .obj too!

Amazing application.

• very very interesting...

• Have you ever seen a very good animated 3d model (character, creature, animals...etc) and you dreamed to use it for your 2D game! We have good news for you! That dream comes true!

Wow i never seen this feature in the software from the following list : 3D Modeling Software List, does it do cappuccino also?

Leaving the Satire on side, awesome job, however im not sure if this is another 3d modeling software, or similar product, or just a plugin for those types of software's.

Why is this one different?

i like the idea, but i think you should contact Adobe and get a deal with them, this piece of software from my point of view, is best to use in combination with Mixamo(which was bought by Adobe last year). other softwares in 3d category already has .png sequence option for exporting.

• Hehe! Thank gamecorpstudio!

This is a standalone software. The idea here is to extract the spritesheet from an animated 3D model with almost no special knowledge required. Also, you can create awesome effect like Toon effect and Ghost effect (there is no cappuccino effect yet, sorry)...etc with single click easily. You can do that on other software you mentioned but I afraid you might need more clicks (; Have you tried it?

By the way, here some domes I've created with help of this software:

1) Maw (3D from Mixamo , with 5 animation)

Demo: construct2.spritmator.com/maw

2) Erika (3D from Mixamo 3D, with 5 animation)

Demo: construct2.spritmator.com/erika

• Spritmator:

Thank you for your effort in creating and promoting this software. Although I have not tried it yet, I have just started some preliminary research, and while I have found that some veteran game developers have had relatively positive things to say about pre-rending 2D sprites with 3D models, nobody has suggested any applications that AUTOMATICALLY create standard sprite sheet from even six angles of the 3D model. I see this post is over 2 years old at this point, so please let me know if you have created any new software or have new recomendations on how to get started with this (I'm new to Construct 3, and new to game development in general). I would be happy to create a new topic for this, if there is a need. Thanks.

Here is a link to my first platformer, that I created in about 2 days, including the time it took to make some of the art in Photoshop, to give you an idea of some of the effects I may be trying to create with your software:

scirra.com/arcade/action-games/skull-jumper-deluxe-edition-34177

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)