Remote Debugging in VS2017 [SOLVED]

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hello all!

I've tried looking around the forums for an answer to this (and if I missed it, please link me!), but I'm having an issue remote debugging to an Xbox in Dev mode, from the newest version of VS2017.

The C2 application runs "fine" (there are strange issues cropping up in app I'll need to address but it's playable) on my local machine but when I attempt to run over the network the deployment fails and I get these 2 messages (though both have the same error code, so I'm assuming there is one root problem):

1)

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Warning MSB3842 Project "AppTest1" depends upon SDK "Microsoft Universal CRT Debug Runtime v10.0.10240.0" which supports apps targeting "UAP 10.0". To verify whether "Microsoft Universal CRT Debug Runtime v10.0.10240.0" is compatible with "UAP 10.0.10240.0", contact the SDK author or see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=309181. AppTest1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Microsoft.Common.targets\ImportBefore\Microsoft.Cpp.VCLibs120Universal.targets 103

2)

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Warning MSB3842 Project "AppTest1" depends upon SDK "Visual C++ 2015 Runtime for Universal Windows Platform Apps v14.0" which supports apps targeting "UAP 10.0". To verify whether "Visual C++ 2015 Runtime for Universal Windows Platform Apps v14.0" is compatible with "UAP 10.0.10240.0", contact the SDK author or see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=309181. AppTest1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets 2319

The link provided in both messages is the same and directs to info on Windows 8 and 8.1 development, but the program is most definitely exported using the windows 10 exporter.

Also, I've tried loading a different, non-C2 based program onto the Xbox, and while it's not as smooth sailing as tuts make it seem, it does indeed run on the device. This looks to be a potential issue between the kernel of the xbox and the VS2015 C++ reference? But I'm assuming there must be a fix since developing for the Xbox.

I'm hoping that I am not the only one who's run into this and that there is a nice, simple fix.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

EDIT:

I tried re-exporting and now everything works. I'm chalking this one up to a fluke occurrence.

EDIT2:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)