Rendering of buttons

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of retro 16-Bit Neon UI elements to make your menus pop!
  • Steps to reproduce:

1. Place Button object

2. View project in browser.

Observed result:

The buttons have different size and coordinates in layout and when rendered in browser.

The difference was here for a long time, but with last version, in browser the buttons are now way bigger and moved some pixels in the +x;-y direction.

It's really difficult to build a correct/accurate UI now.

Expected result:

Same size and same coordinates in webpage for objects, according to Construct 2 Layout.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: yes

Internet Explorer: yes

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 Home last update

Construct 2 version:

Release 132 (64-bit)

• Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines and attach a .capx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why would you need a specific .capx for such a bug here? :(

• After having loads of "simple" bug reports that we can't reproduce any problem with, or we make the wrong .capx because the report missed some steps, we simply require it full stop for all submissions.

• Hum, I understand. But this one is pretty obvious if you've updated any C2 project since last release.

And it's just need a button. ;)

I had to resize and replace buttons on ALL of my projects, because buttons were overlapping and non-aligned with other objects...

And now all my project's UI under C2 are a big mess to have a good render. :(

• Here the original version (before r132): fsaabo.nucreum.com

Pixels are almost like the Construct 2 UI (minor size/alignment differences)

nucreum.com/misc/bugbuttonold.png

And now, the same app, saved with r132 (and r139 to see if bug was corrected): nucreum.com/misc/bugbuttonsnew.png

The button are all way bigger and a few pixels shifted... that bug is really annoying, I don't want to rework all my UI again :(

If you want to see the trouble better: Click on the ">" button, then on unit list, hover an item other than one with [1] (for example, hover an item finishing by [2,4])

On the online version, the buttons are all aligned and separated, on the new one, they are messed up.

• I received your .capx by email, but it uses third party plugins. Please read the guidelines; unfortunately we cannot accept .capx files using third party plugins in bug reports. I could not reproduce a problem in a new project using Chrome. Try to reproduce the problem in a new project then post the link here.

• I see.

The third party plugins are not related with buttons. You can see screenshots on the previous post:

nucreum.com/misc/bugbuttonold.png

nucreum.com/misc/bugbuttonsnew.png

I'll make another .capx asap, but I will not be able to make a "previous"/"new" version (like with this one), because I've got r139 now and not the old one anymore.

Maybe Construct 2 ask for Chrome/Firefox to call a different type of button compared to previous version?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)