For all we know, this might be on Ashley's to-do list, but in any case...
Basically, the idea behind this is having a platform behavior that incorporates various functions that are either common in platformers or useful to have. Though my main desire is to be able to create a platformer with physics similar to Sonic the Hedgehog (which I have tried and failed miserably multiple times), I want to be able to see the creation of a behavior that covers the needs of as many people trying to make platformers as possible. It's not a 'replacement' for the official platform behaviour, but just an option.
So, with that in mind, potential feature list:
- Controlled variable jumping height
- Allowing collision with non-Solid/Jump-Thru objects (for a variety of reasons)
- Incorporating rotation and momentum mechanics similar to Sonic the Hedgehog
- Wall Jumping, wall climbing, edge hanging, etc.
- 'Realistic' platforming mechanics, ala Flashback or Prince of Persia
- More to come, maybe
Potential features are open to request, and I'd really like to be able to get someone on board to create something like this.