[REQUEST] CLI Export/Continuous Integration support

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Bump... or something. I would love to see this and it didn't even get a response from Scirra.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:58 am

@daemon haha. I've pinged Ashley about it a number of times through different means. His direct response was basically it's a feature that only a certain small subset would use -the more professional workflow devs IMO-, and because of that most users wouldn't use it. Also due to the fact there's a large emphasis on beginners he said they prioritize features that benefit all users. Not my favorite answer but fair, it's a business.

I did get a solution mostly working with http://www.sikuli.org/ at one point. It's very hacky and fragile but it should work. If I get it up and running again I'll copy it here. :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:16 pm

I would love to see this but I'm also in that lower % of users that ends up using some kind of automatic building.

But really having the GUI just wrapping a CLI is actually fairly common. It all depends on how far along @Ashley is in his design.

It would be amazing workflow to just be able to push to a repo and have another service actually do the building. My larger projects are starting to take a long time to export. Automatic building saves quite a few cycles in a dev's day. Once that build is made, automatically kick off a itch.io Butler CLI and then your game is already deployed to a game portal.

This would also help beginners start to become intermediates :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General