[Request] Courses / Paths / Nodes / Line for Ways.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:49 am

Personatly i make a layer call "route".
I place on it square sprite with a route_index_variable that contain the number of the node path.
1,2,3, .....

in code i move the layout following this path.
basic and working.

Not simple if you need lot path and for lot of entity (npc rpg) but it's ok for a simple auto-scrolling level for exemple.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 11:54 pm

Reviving the topic, I saw in a new tool the same feature requested here.

Path Movement

Using the bezier tool from inside LevelHelper you can create paths.
These paths can be simple lines or rounded and complicated.
You can then select one or multiple sprites and make them move on these predefined paths.
You can have it so that the sprites move directly on the path or relative to their own position, describing the path shape.
Various properties are available via the app, but they can be changed via the API, properties such as time, looping, orientation and more.

Using the API you can register for notifications such as "Path Movement Has Ended", "Path Movement Has Reached Point". You can use these notifications to trigger special game events.
- See more at: http://www.gamedevhelper.com/levelhelpe ... giyfj.dpuf

http://www.gamedevhelper.com/levelhelper/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 1:13 am

It would be great addition and speed up time, and also for newcomers.
I remember when I used Klik&Play and they had similar thing.

But then it is all up to Ashley. :) I am jusk thankful he's churning out updates so often!
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 11:20 am

@helena I used to use Klik&Play too :D Ahh nostalgia.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 11:42 am

The good (??) old 90s... I was so impressed but then I got frustrated by the limited format. I wanted to do scrolling games... Haha
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 12:16 pm

@helena Yeah I was so young those days, my older bro used to teach me special techniques, he taught me how to make scrolling which was really complicated but possible, and also there were no "Global Variables" but there was "Score" and "Lives" variables which were limited to 4 each. Also I remember all the pre-rendered sprites like the barbarian and kung-fu guy, and the pre-made demo games like Romeo and Juilet and Gradius(?). Good times ^^

Sorry for derailing the topic. In light of the actual Path movement idea, I'm personally not too fussed for it since there's events to move sprites towards other sprites so you can make your own paths very easily, even for beginners. But as for ultra-beginners that don't even know what a variable is, it could be useful.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 23, 2014 1:43 pm

+1
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 10:05 pm

it would be great!
B
S