[Request]Google Play Saved Games

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax

https://developers.google.com/games/ser ... savedgames

This would be an awesome addition to C2. The great thing about this API is that is provides an easy, cloud based game save solution that allows players to continue progress across multiple devices and OS environments.

It would also let us upload new versions of our games from different build systems (Phonegap, XDK/Crosswalk, CJS, etc), without having to worry about the player losing their progress.

It would also be a great backup to Webstorage, which hasn't always been flawless (as can attest). Also, these save files are stored in a special section of the player's Gdrive, and cannot be tampered with.

It would be doubly amazing if XDK could support this ( imaffett ), as this sort of device-agnostic feature would be very much in-line with the concept of 'deploy anywhere, use anywhere'.

Would anyone else be interested in this?

This is one of my most wanted features.

I believe cranberrygame has this on his list of plugins he will be working on.

developers.google.com/games/services/common/concepts/savedgames

This would be an awesome addition to C2. The great thing about this API is that is provides an easy, cloud based game save solution that allows players to continue progress across multiple devices and OS environments. It would also be a great backup to Webstorage, which hasn't always been flawless (as can attest). Also, these save files are stored in a special section of the player's Gdrive, and cannot be tampered with.

It would be doubly amazing if XDK could support this ( imaffett ), as this sort of device-agnostic feature would be very much in-line with the concept of 'deploy anywhere, use anywhere'.

Would anyone else be interested in this?

Let me look into this. iOS is the tricky part to make it "cross platform". I also maintain a cordova plugin for Android and would add it there. I can see the value for Android right off the bat.

We wouldn't need it to be cross-platform (which only works if you host your own server to keep track of account data), but it would be great to use iOS or Google Cloud to save webstorage.

No, no, you're missing what's so awesome about this: the dev doesn't need to provide a server, or storage. Google stores the data in a special partition of the player's Gdrive, and pulls it into whatever device the player chooses to use, providing they are logged in with google play.

Google has some limits on how big an individual chunk of save data can be (3mb I think), but it's plenty big enough for our needs.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Hello

I believe that we need that more that ever because of the new Local Storage plugin

imaffett

Any updates on this?

Hi TiAm - I would suggest for you to go to the plugin page and raise it as an issue https://github.com/01org/cordova-google ... s-services That way I can get the priority pushed on it.

imaffett & xmnboy . Any updates on this again?

Anything on this ? Its been 2 years now since intel's reply.....

i need this plugin

Hello! We REALLY need this!

Still no support for this?

Willing to pool money for a developer.

To me this seems like the last hurdle in making mobile games with construct. 'Infinite' games are ok because the player always starts from the beginning and can use google leaderboards. But if the game has levels, as soon as you move to a new device (most people have a phone and tablet these days) you lose progression. Is this on the devs radar? Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)