[Request] Highlighted or Advanced Search

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Advanced inventory mechanics for your RPG game (Array-based). Take Items, split them, pick up them, read the description
  • I have a number of arrays that are generated via the editor. I found this easier as we can't simply import data, so I needed to go in one by one and add the contents via Construct 2 events.

I have 10 arrays, and each array contains over a hundred questions, and each question has 4 possible answers. This means that in order to build the array using events, I needed over 500 lines.

I broke this up into groups so I could make it easier for myself, but in trying to submit my game I've been told that I need to change a couple of the words. Here's where the problem lies.

I need to scroll through and read every line to replace these words. I've used the search tool to find the words, but because they are in the same event (as actions) it only shows me the array they're in, not just the lines that are effected. This means I still need to read through 500 lines for each category.

Might it be possible to have an advanced search that hides anything that doesn't include that word, or even highlight where that word is? I've looked through it 3 times manually, and for some reason I can't see it anywhere... but I know it's there...

Any help on this would be appreciated!

• Well, more advanced search has been a hot request for ages...but my understanding is that it's a less-than-trivial thing to implement.

You could try opening the data.js/c2runtime.js file and search for the word in there. I would suggest the excellent text editor Notepad++. It has a very advanced search function.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "I have a number of arrays that are generated via the editor. I found this easier as we can't simply import data, so I needed to go in one by one and add the contents via Construct 2 events.

I have 10 arrays, and each array contains over a hundred questions, and each question has 4 possible answers. This means that in order to build the array using events, I needed over 500 lines. "

I suggest that you use project files instead, and that you fill an array using said project file

for exemple: Questions.txt, content:

Question1;Awnser1;Anwser2;Anwser3;Anwser4;GoodAnwser(1to4)|

Question2;Awnser1;Anwser2;Anwser3;Anwser4;GoodAnwser(1to4)

then you fill your array with the questions and awnsers with a function that will use tokens to fill it.

Or something alike.

Still agree with the original suggestion though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)