Request: Importing Multimedia Fusion Projects

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:27 pm

@Ashley (Hope I did that right)

Any chance you might make Construct 2 capable of importing Multimedia Fusion .mfa files?
Sorry I don't know how it works but it would be something incredibly useful to have.

Thanks!
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:14 am

Wont ever happen. Forget about it. Sorry.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:49 am

I would personally rather not have Ashley spending valuable time on developing importers for other development systems that may only be of benefit to the minority of users.

I have a handful of other dev systems, and it doesn't take a great deal of effort to reproduce the same mechanics in C2.

Just my opinion - no offense implied or intended.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:06 am

zenox98 wrote:I would personally rather not have Ashley spending valuable time on developing importers for other development systems that may only be of benefit to the minority of users.

I have a handful of other dev systems, and it doesn't take a great deal of effort to reproduce the same mechanics in C2.

Just my opinion - no offense implied or intended.

Ashley would have to have a licence from Click Team for an importer.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:44 pm

due to the lack of organisation basics in the event system of fusion, I would say it would be far more useful to redo it in C2 rather than having an importer, however, objects and layout could be imported in theory, I think GM rooms can be imported into C2 for exemple.

but not worth the time of Scirra, but a third party dev may do a converter?
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:30 pm

The very best we could reasonably do is to import a subset of the initial objects and frames as Construct 2 objects and layouts. However it's very difficult, is easily broken if the file format changes, and is not all that useful (it is basically impossible to import everything since there are so many differences in how the programs work). We actually support importing layouts from GameMaker and GameSalad, and they were pretty complicated, and to be honest I don't know if they actually still work, and I get the impression very few people use it.

Besides, if you start from scratch in C2, you get the opportunity to make best use of its features (e.g. tilemaps, tiled backgrounds, sub-events, etc.)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:01 pm

I see, thanks for the information guys. I expected it to be complicated but didn't know it was THAT complicated.

I thank you all for you time posting!
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General