[Request] Non Resetting Global Variables?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • The command "Reset all variables" is extremely potent, but has the finesse of a wrecking ball. Obviously, that is its intended purpose, but I feel like there's something slightly more useful you could do. This exists in two versions:

1. Some kind of Super Variable that doesn't get deleted on "delete all global" commands, and must be manually deleted. This would be helpful for stashing away things like high score tables (before stashing them to more permanent memory) or more permanent statistics (a character's experience or level, and deleting all enemies)

2. Some kind of Global Variable, but more minor. I would call it a tempValue or tempVariable or something that was global, and had its OWN delete all event, allowing you to stash temporary data in a different form.

I know there's a couple work arounds for this issue temporarily, but I'd love to see some kind of convenience patch for this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)