[Request] Printing Event sheet

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
- This pack is suitable for shooting games, running games, platform games, and side-scrolling...
  • Hi admin,

1. Could we print out the event sheet?

2. Could we add comments to event sheet (similar to c++ /* */)?

Thanks in advance

• Right click the event sheet and choose comment.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Or use the "q" hotkey for comments.

• Sammy, I'd recommend you first have a good read at the manual before making any more requests.

Most of what you've asked so far in various topics is already in place or doable and documented.

As for printing an event sheet, when saving your project as a folder your event sheet is saved as a XML file (which can then be printed).

It may not be optimal though.

I'm curious as why you would want to print event sheets exactly ?

You might also want to check this blog article about Construct 2's architecture to get a better grasp at the inner workings of C2.

• I'm curious as why you would want to print event sheets exactly ?

Printing out coding is for reference and ease learning. Similar reason for printing event sheets.

• Please consider adding a print button to print out event sheet easily.

• writing in notepad is better as learning yourself than reading a printed sheet

• I want Print!

• i often try to replicate something from a tutorial or example on my event sheets and having a printout helps. A second monitor would do the trick too.

I have resorted to printing out screenshots of event sheets that i want. It is fairly inconvenient though.

• I must say I'd also like to be able to export events or event sheet on a image format or print format, or even something else. the reasons?

-sharing easily events with logics

-some people could do some documented exemples using directly the look of C2

I know there is the classic way print screen then paste it, but it is inconvenient

However, it is a thing I think is very low on my C2 wish list, could be cool, but not an obligation

(perhaps maybe it is possible to do an online_event_sheet_XML_reader in C2, which would be fine too)

• I'd like to also get behind the print request. I have 2 monitors and it usually does the trick, but sometimes I need to really zoom out and see the whole thing - it helps my thinking. Please add print. Thanks!

• I'd like to also get behind the print request. I have 2 monitors and it usually does the trick, but sometimes I need to really zoom out and see the whole thing - it helps my thinking. Please add print. Thanks!

You can nowadays select the events, press F8, then paste the result inside an image editor to have the events as an image.

• > I'd like to also get behind the print request. I have 2 monitors and it usually does the trick, but sometimes I need to really zoom out and see the whole thing - it helps my thinking. Please add print. Thanks!

>

You can nowadays select the events, press F8, then paste the result inside an image editor to have the events as an image.

Thanks for the tip, Aphrodite! I actually just pasted it into Word - did some super fast cropping to tidy up and I have a print out. Thanks again!

• Laughing14

Use Faststone capture to capture and print scrolling window : http://www.faststone.org/FSCapturerDownload.htm

• Yes I would like a print button, don't know why it does not as most programs offer a simple print feature.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)