[Request] Printing Event sheet

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:29 pm

I'd like to also get behind the print request. I have 2 monitors and it usually does the trick, but sometimes I need to really zoom out and see the whole thing - it helps my thinking. Please add print. Thanks! :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Laughing14 wrote:I'd like to also get behind the print request. I have 2 monitors and it usually does the trick, but sometimes I need to really zoom out and see the whole thing - it helps my thinking. Please add print. Thanks! :)

You can nowadays select the events, press F8, then paste the result inside an image editor to have the events as an image.
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Aphrodite wrote:
Laughing14 wrote:I'd like to also get behind the print request. I have 2 monitors and it usually does the trick, but sometimes I need to really zoom out and see the whole thing - it helps my thinking. Please add print. Thanks! :)

You can nowadays select the events, press F8, then paste the result inside an image editor to have the events as an image.

Thanks for the tip, Aphrodite! I actually just pasted it into Word - did some super fast cropping to tidy up and I have a print out. Thanks again!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:12 pm

@Laughing14

Use Faststone capture to capture and print scrolling window : http://www.faststone.org/FSCapturerDownload.htm
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:47 am

Yes I would like a print button, don't know why it does not as most programs offer a simple print feature.
B

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:44 pm

I have to say also that a Print for event sheets and such would be a nifty little helper. Weird it has not been implemented since it was asked for, for a couple years now.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:07 am

+1 to printing! that would be very helpful
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:59 pm

mbuck wrote:.... A second monitor would do the trick too....

you know that you can see 2 event sheets at the same time? if you drag and drop them near each other that will save you the 2nd monitor :) and you can copy paste directly the same codes from one project to another if the objects , variables are named the same there is no need for a print button really ! well unless ur doing some e-book to learn faster the codes or memorize them.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:54 pm

+1 for Print option.

I commute a lot, and having a paper, or pdf on tablet is very practical way of analyzing code, making notes, scribbling ideas etc.
Now when I think about it, about 90% of "creative" part while making a game is done in a train.
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:28 pm

+1 for printing option. It will be handy If you could analyze, sketch, organize, add or remove things to your project, before making changes to the code.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General