Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:04 am

@matriax i`m using json for dialogues data. and thanks for suggestions
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:21 am

@SirG Using JSON, you did some kind of editor to create the dialogues easily and be loaded after?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:23 am

@matriax, that`s right! but at this moment that tool working with css (i`m planning to change it to canvas) and in private testing.so, be patient, will release it soon
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Posting this here as I think it could be of interest to you. I've done a dialogue template that works pretty well for RPG. I know it's not XML but the CSV option would allow you to use a program like Ron's Editor to rapidly edit your dialogues for translations and what not.

edit: It's also worth noting that you could coerce the template to work with your XML file, I could help you with that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:47 pm

Magistross wrote:Posting this here as I think it could be of interest to you. I've done a dialogue template that works pretty well for RPG. I know it's not XML but the CSV option would allow you to use a program like Ron's Editor to rapidly edit your dialogues for translations and what not.

edit: It's also worth noting that you could coerce the template to work with your XML file, I could help you with that.

Wow, that dialogue system seems very nice! i just bought it :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:57 pm

fldr wrote:Wow, that dialogue system seems very nice! i just bought it :)

Thanks, I hope you'll like it! :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:53 pm

I also bought that dialogue system but as a noob, for my is not an option. After open the .capx and see the editor dialogs, the json and see all the things to adapt to my game... :S .

For that i'm looking for a plugin, something that can be configured with properties/parameters and only a simple group in the events to config a few things. But well if nobody develops a plugin when i get more experience i will give a second chance to the dialog template.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:10 pm

I should probably include an example layout with a few basic dialogues. There is no need to understand the underlying events of the template. There is one function that is needed and it's "Dialogue_StartDialogue()". Apart from that, there are some variables that can be (and should be) modified to suit your game, like the width/height/position of the dialogue window and typewriting speed, just to name a few. Don't be afraid to hit me up a few PMs if you want help to get started, I'd be happy to oblige !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:39 pm

@Magistross: Excellent job!

@SirG: I suggest having a combobox property to have some gradient fills in the background.
Also two color gradients would be nice option to have.
Have you considered different border styles for the window?
Maybe it's a bit too much for start. :-D
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:43 pm

@byondisoft, thanks for suggest! but i`m planning a little bit another form of making windows, using predefined image. but we can make advanced options and little "window generator" =)
ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons