Request - Stay on Selected Layer

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:40 am

I'm not sure if there's a preference I'm missing for this, but when dealing with lots of layers in the "Layers" panel (enough to create a scroll box), clicking things like "unlock all", "show all but this", renaming, etc. always go to the top of the layer list after doing so. It's a small thing, but I'm wondering if it's an easy fix?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:51 am

Hi! Lock all the layers you're not working in and unlock the one you want to stay in.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:01 pm

@hundredfold - what I'm trying to say is that, like the object list, if you're scrolled down in the list and edit an object, it sometimes selects the object at the top forcing you to scroll back down to find the object you were editing. I'm not sure if that makes any more sense? :P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:05 am

Hi @ome6a1717 - I'm not sure if I've understood you correctly but it sounds like you may be getting affected by the z-order. If that's the case, to edit an object double click on the object in the Projects bar rather than on the screen layout. Sorry if I didn't understand - happy to take another pop at it if you can clarify things. Or maybe someone else will get what you're saying.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General