Resizing Canvas?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:16 pm

I've searched the forums and the manual - can't find the answer to this question. I have a project that's 1000x800 (let's say), I want to work in that resolution but I want to export a project that's half that size - 500x400 - like I would in photoshop - is that possible?

Sorry if this info is out there, but I haven't found it...

thanks!
B

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:51 pm

you know, that the <ctrl> (in german <strg>) button combined with the mousewheel lets you "zoom" in and out of your layout canvas?!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 pm

That's cool - what I want to do is work on my game at one resolution and export my game at another resolution... so it shows up in my browser smaller (or bigger) - possible?
B

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:36 pm

ahhh - I discovered 'set layer scale' and 'scroll to' as system events on start of layout... not sure if that's the best way to do it but it works...
B

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:47 pm

I believe you should go over the beginner's guide to C2 once more and check out how to make a platform game.
Both those tutorials cover the basics of C2 like scrolling, window/layout size, etc...

Finally supporting multiple screen size might also give you some clues to achieve what you want.

Layout properties like "fullscreen" might help you.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Yep, looked through all that stuff. I understand the relationship between window size and layout size but the game I'm making isn't intended to be scrolled around. I was really just trying to figure out how to make it smaller in my browser without actually changing the size of my browser - scaling and scrolling the layout seems to work ok for my purposes.

Thanks!
B

Return to How do I....?