Resolution/aspect ratio for android potrait mode still game?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:38 pm

I couldn't explain well in the title but what I'm basically asking is: which resolution/aspect ratio should I target for an android game that plays in a still screen (the camera doesn't move) and is designed for potrait mode?
What "options" (scaling, export mode, etc) should I avoid and what should I use instead to get the best framerate?
Any advice on how to maximize physics performance?
I know there's plenty of tutorials, but I don't really know which one would be best for what I'm describing...a link to a good tut would be fine :)
B

Post » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:23 am

Everything between 4:3 and 16:9

So using a 16:9 layout and centering your scroll, making sure your background reaches the 4:3 aspect ratio should work..
You could also choose to use a square layout and distributing your HUD by using the anchor behaviour..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:01 am

LittleStain wrote:Everything between 4:3 and 16:9

So using a 16:9 layout and centering your scroll, making sure your background reaches the 4:3 aspect ratio should work..
You could also choose to use a square layout and distributing your HUD by using the anchor behaviour..

I don't quite understand everything you said since I'm new, but I'll try to learn and do as you said :) Thanks.

edit: no wait. I think I understood it all by just re-reading lol
B

Return to Construct 2 General