[Resolved] c2runtime.js errors with minify script checked

Get help using Construct 3!

Post » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:05 am

Dears,

I recently released my first game thanks to Construct 2 (and I'm very grateful to Scirra for that ;) ).

I now plan to release upcoming updates & features with Construct 3.
Yesterday I gave C3 a serious try, and imported my whole C2 project into C3.
Everything works fine in preview except some AJAX calls on local (which I understand because I'm currently not serving those files over https).

Anyway, when I export it to "Web (HTML5)" with "Minify script" checked, game is not starting.
I checked the browser console, and it mentions 2 following errors:
  • Uncaught SyntaxError: Illegal break statement at c2runtime.js:2
  • Uncaught TypeError: g_a.g_jx is not a function at g.g_iC (c2runtime.js:2) at XMLHttpRequest.g_gf.e.onload (c2runtime.js:2)

You can see/test it live here:

Do you have any ideas what is wrong?
Is this an issue due to some of my code? What should I do? Is it just a compilation issue?

Thanks for your answer, folks.
Last edited by antoineguedes on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Version 1.1.2 - Available for: Web - iOS - Android
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:42 pm

If you use the Physics behavior, it's probably this bug. Otherwise please file a new bug following all the guidelines.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Thank you Ashley for your quick answer.

I don't use Physics behavior in my game, only the following:
  • Fade;
  • Flash;
  • Platform;
  • Timer;

Ok, I'll create the bug tomorrow.
I don't mind sharing my capx with Scirra, but not open to the public since I released the game few days ago.

Edit: I also use Timer behavior. I don't use Pin behavior anymore, so I removed it from the list.
Last edited by antoineguedes on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:14 pm

I have a similar issue as well. Game exports however it shows up as a blank page. I just minifiy the runtime with a 3rd party app.
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:18 pm

DrathVader wrote:I have a similar issue as well. Game exports however it shows up as a blank page. I just minifiy the runtime with a 3rd party app.

If you open the browser console, what errors do you have?
This may also come from your 3rd party app. Which one do you use?
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Not using any 3rd party addon's/plugins/behaviors. Also don't have access to the minified version at the moment. As well, not using any physics...
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:43 am

Ashley wrote:If you use the Physics behavior, it's probably this bug. Otherwise please file a new bug following all the guidelines.

Hey, Ashley!
S'ry for the delay. I really wanted to give you a proper answer before filing a new bug.

So, I started a new C3 project from scratch with following behaviors: Fade, Flash, Platform, Timer.
I put some simple events with a Hero and Boss to get a basic Bossfight, and I exported the project.
Game is running fine even with Minify script checked on export options.

Game example: c3-test-export
Capx: c3-test-export.c3p

I guess the issue is coming from the code of my game Bikosaur (initially made with C2).
Due to the amount of events (around 500 lines) and complexity, I don't think it has sense to find out what is exactly wrong since the game is already live.
I plan to use directly C3 for future updates and projects so that's fine to me.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 am

DrathVader wrote:Not using any 3rd party addon's/plugins/behaviors. Also don't have access to the minified version at the moment. As well, not using any physics...

You said you minify the runtime.js file with a 3rd party app.
Which 3rd party app is it? This may be the issue. Btw, I don't think it has sense to manually minify it.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 am

Please check you're using r54, we just fixed a minify bug. If you still have issues please post to the issue tracker following all the guidelines.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Well, it looks like r54 resolves the issue.
The game is now working well, even with minify script checked at export.

Good job, guys! 8-)
B
S

Return to How do I...?