Restarting Layout ... not really

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:41 pm

I have an issue with a layout actually restarting. I would rather, it seems, the layout do a complete reset.

Here is the issue. When Object-A collides with Object-B, the player dies. This pushes player to a "Your Dead" screen, which plays for 3 seconds and then takes you to a level select screen. The player (of course) selects the level that he just died.

Now when the playable level loads, it is in a state of already started. Like it almost picks up where you left off. I have moved the loading of the Dead level and the restarting of the layout all over. So, the level never really restarts.

WildShroom2012-12-10 20:42:05
B

Post » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:07 am

Could it be that since going to 'Dead' is above restarting the layout in the event, the restarting of the layout occurs after you have already gone to 'dead'? Just a guess.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:19 am

Yeah, I already tried that. Same result.

Thanks for asking though!

B

Post » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 am

[QUOTE=WildShroom] I have an issue with a layout actually restarting. I would rather, it seems, the layout do a complete reset.

Here is the issue. When Object-A collides with Object-B, the player dies. This pushes player to a "Your Dead" screen, which plays for 3 seconds and then takes you to a level select screen. The player (of course) selects the level that he just died.

Now when the playable level loads, it is in a state of already started. Like it almost picks up where you left off. I have moved the loading of the Dead level and the restarting of the layout all over. So, the level never really restarts.

[/QUOTE]

It doesnt make sense in order, because it goes to layout before the destroyed hornet.

Joannesalfa2012-12-11 03:51:39
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:43 am

Yes. As I said, the order has been moved around many times. That image was not a good representation perhaps.

If I use Restart Layout > Go to Dead

I get the same result.
B

Return to How do I....?