Restarting Layout not working?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:03 am

I found a method of doing this through searching, the "System: Go to [name of current layout]" thing, but whenever the player dies it crashes instead of restarting.

Okay, the layout's called "World 1-1", and it only crashes when I put THAT as the name. When I put "Layout 1", it doesn't crash, but it doesn't actually restart, either -- it just sits at a black screen. Maybe I'm making some really stupid mistake here (most likely explanation), but would anyone mind taking a look? :roll:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19702035/mariosonic5.cap
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:35 am

I don't know what it is about your cap but it's obviously corrupted in some way seeing as I can't open the event sheet. When I try to open it it crashes Construct. And since Newt had the same problem earlier I'm pretty sure the problem lies in your cap. =/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:37 am

Do you know why that would happen? Outside of restarting, it isn't giving me any problems, I can play it all I want without a single error. But apparently no one else can open it...

Maybe I'll just send a bug report and see if they can't figure it out. If not, then... I dunno, copy and paste as much as I can to a new cap and see if that fixes it?

EDIT: Turns out the file's too big... grahhh. Guess it's the latter option, unless anyone has a better idea.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:17 am

If I change the go to Layout condition to "World 1-1" it crashes. But If I then toggle the 'Restart Layout' condition '+ Fade: Opacity Greater or equal 100' so that it ignores the fade condition, then it restarts immediately without the death animation.

It must be a logic thing. I'l keep looking.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:59 am

[quote="SullyTheStrange":nrnh3g0q]EDIT: Turns out the file's too big... grahhh. Guess it's the latter option, unless anyone has a better idea.[/quote:nrnh3g0q]
Too big? the file is 332 kB. That is tiny! O_o

I'd suggest reinstalling Construct and then redo the events in a new cap (I'm pretty sure copy+paste events between caps still doesn't work).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:20 am

[quote="inkBot":3j072uvj]
Too big? the file is 332 kB. That is tiny! O_o[/quote:3j072uvj]

I tried resubmitting the report and now it went through... No idea what happened before, but it definitely said it was too big. >_>;

[quote:3j072uvj]I'd suggest reinstalling Construct and then redo the events in a new cap (I'm pretty sure copy+paste events between caps still doesn't work).[/quote:3j072uvj]

If they can't come up with a solution, I guess I'll have to... :cry:
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic