Restarting Layout not working?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I found a method of doing this through searching, the "System: Go to [name of current layout]" thing, but whenever the player dies it crashes instead of restarting.

Okay, the layout's called "World 1-1", and it only crashes when I put THAT as the name. When I put "Layout 1", it doesn't crash, but it doesn't actually restart, either -- it just sits at a black screen. Maybe I'm making some really stupid mistake here (most likely explanation), but would anyone mind taking a look?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19702035/mariosonic5.cap

• I don't know what it is about your cap but it's obviously corrupted in some way seeing as I can't open the event sheet. When I try to open it it crashes Construct. And since Newt had the same problem earlier I'm pretty sure the problem lies in your cap. =/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you know why that would happen? Outside of restarting, it isn't giving me any problems, I can play it all I want without a single error. But apparently no one else can open it...

Maybe I'll just send a bug report and see if they can't figure it out. If not, then... I dunno, copy and paste as much as I can to a new cap and see if that fixes it?

EDIT: Turns out the file's too big... grahhh. Guess it's the latter option, unless anyone has a better idea.

• If I change the go to Layout condition to "World 1-1" it crashes. But If I then toggle the 'Restart Layout' condition '+ Fade: Opacity Greater or equal 100' so that it ignores the fade condition, then it restarts immediately without the death animation.

It must be a logic thing. I'l keep looking.

• EDIT: Turns out the file's too big... grahhh. Guess it's the latter option, unless anyone has a better idea.

Too big? the file is 332 kB. That is tiny! O_o

I'd suggest reinstalling Construct and then redo the events in a new cap (I'm pretty sure copy+paste events between caps still doesn't work).

• Too big? the file is 332 kB. That is tiny! O_o

I tried resubmitting the report and now it went through... No idea what happened before, but it definitely said it was too big. >_>;

[quote:3j072uvj]I'd suggest reinstalling Construct and then redo the events in a new cap (I'm pretty sure copy+paste events between caps still doesn't work).

If they can't come up with a solution, I guess I'll have to...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)