Restricted Access

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:57 am

I would like to make a game available for certain parties (who don't have Construct2) to access. Apparently, I can't upload to DropBox or Google. Let me stress the point that I only want certain folks to be able to access the game. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:15 pm

jhjconstruct wrote:I would like to make a game available for certain parties (who don't have Construct2) to access. Apparently, I can't upload to DropBox or Google. Let me stress the point that I only want certain folks to be able to access the game. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Export as a NW.js and use one of the many free file sending online sites to send it to them directly.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 pm

lamar,
Thank you for responding. Here's the issue: the project was exported as a NW.js file, but when folks download it, it won't open/run for them.
Jefferson
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:32 am

[quote="jhjconstruct"]lamar,
Thank you for responding. Here's the issue: the project was exported as a NW.js file, but when folks download it, it won't open/run for them.
Jefferson[/quote

Are you sending the entire game file or just the NW.Js file?

You have to send the entire file and I would zip it first.

Some people may have a 32 bit computer or 64 bit or use a different op system and the NW.js needs all the extra files to operate.

I transfer my games that way from one computer to another all the time for testing.
Banned User
B
S
G

Return to Distribution and Publishing