Restricting the player movement

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:58 am

Have you tried using solid invisible blocks to create a invisible barrier around each track? You can then set up custom movement or 8 directional, or even bullet. Car movement might be what you want for a train game though

[QUOTE=RenatoB] I did some experiments with the 8-directions behavior and works too (I wonder why use the bullet instead of 8-directions). The problem is that the player is not stuck to the rail and does not change direction smoothly in perpendicular movements. If I move the playe horizontally and pressed the UP / DOWN in the middle of the line, the sprite loses the path reference and doesn't move anymore.

Sample: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72651057/rail_test.capx

Please some more ideas and suggestions.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 am

@Retro - Using invisible barriers gives me a problem (I'm trying to work out the same thing like the OP).

If I have a gap between walls/invisible barriers, and if my sprite is the same width as the gap, then the sprite gets stuck along the path! It wont move at all, unless I set the wall to Not Solid.

Of course I could make the sprite smaller, but then wouldnt I get jittery movement if the player presses up/or down?

Any solutions to the sticky wall phenomenon?
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?