Retro Platformer Template (Game Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:08 am

boybacteria wrote:Wow, I like it! Bought it from the Store today :) Some stuff I was wondering....

1. To make a new level, can I just duplicate an existing one and edit it? How do I then add the new level to the level select screen?
2. Is it possible to have it so that the camera doesn't always follow where the player is facing? If you're just flipping the sprite and not really moving, it gets a bit jumpy (hope you understand what I mean :)

I noticed that when you die, sometimes you can press the pause button and you get the pause window under the game over window.

Thanks!

Those are great questions! Can I shoot you a PM? Also thanks for pointing out that oversight - I'll fix that in the next version, and I'm planning on fleshing out the documentation as well as the beefing up the level select screen so it's a BIT more automated.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:30 am

Some new enemies on the way!

@fredriksthlm, @tutbarao
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:01 am

After we bought this game, do we still will get update on the game in the future?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:11 am

carson leong wrote:After we bought this game, do we still will get update on the game in the future?

you definitely do - and thank you, please leave a review!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Good News! Just released an updated version of the template, which includes new enemies, obstacles, better optimized code, and other new features. Check it out in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-fr ... plate-3025
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:59 am

I have a question can you show where the part for spawning the player is.
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Jenssons wrote:I have a question can you show where the part for spawning the player is.

Hey bud! So the player is spawned using the tilemap object. Wherever you place the player tile is where the player will spawn. Is that what you're asking, or are you asking about the particular event sheet?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Scirra Store