Retry button not working

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:03 pm

I've reduced down from a graphical button to a normal button for this case, but neither one of them seem to want to work. It's probably a simple fix and I am just really missing something simple.

If you get a game over, you can tap/click on retry and and the whole layout should restart with a reset on both scores. The problem is that it isn't doing anything when being clicked on.

This is my first game with this engine, so I really have no idea what to look for as far as troubleshooting like this goes. I've looked through the event sheet and found nothing that should cause the problem, but I can't locate the problem.

Here is the .capx for anyone curious to take a look at it. The number of escapes you need for a game over is 10:
Ah, looks like I need a bit more rep to post URLS.
I have these screencaps of my event sheet though. Is there any kind of spoiler like tags available here to not flood the page with them?

Last edited by kimicatdemon on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Your capx got removed :(
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:10 pm

TheWyrm wrote:Your capx got removed :(

Yeah, sorry about that. I just joined because I'm at wits end on this topic and you need 300 rep in order to post URLs.

I don't mind being social, it's just a lot easier to post the .capx and get it over with than posting caps of the event sheet.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:12 pm

You are using the wrong condition. The button has it's own condition of 'OnClicked'.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Okay, I did not know about the button condition so I tested it out.

I restarted the layout plus the global variables, but now the objects aren't dropping the second round. It's a start though, but the retry button is resolved in this case. Thank you very much for that.

I'll work up a bit more rep around here in the meantime so I can help with the .capx problem at the moment.

Edit: I just realized I forgot to restate the time scale. it's working entirely now.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General