Revenue options...

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:44 am

@bscarl88
Yes, it's possible. That's why I'm using clay... in my opinion, it is the best option for things like ads, leaderboards, etc, FOR NOW.
There is an option in the site to disable the initial popup of the login window. Then, you can call it with events.
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:23 am

Zathan wrote:@bscarl88
Yes, it's possible. That's why I'm using clay... in my opinion, it is the best option for things like ads, leaderboards, etc, FOR NOW.
There is an option in the site to disable the initial popup of the login window. Then, you can call it with events.

ah, im mostly thinking about mobile though, i dont think you can turn it off in c2
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:40 am

I emailed Austin about this a while ago (I actually was interested in exporting a version of my game that did not have the clay login prompt whilst keeping the plugin in the game code) and he told me that it is not possible to have the plugin there without the login check. The login is part of what it does, I understand and I imagine you would have to alter its JavaScript to change that function.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:27 am

Colludium wrote:I emailed Austin about this a while ago (I actually was interested in exporting a version of my game that did not have the clay login prompt whilst keeping the plugin in the game code) and he told me that it is not possible to have the plugin there without the login check. The login is part of what it does, I understand and I imagine you would have to alter its JavaScript to change that function.

Yes, but I think this don't need to be on the game start. There is this option in the API settings:
"Always show Clay.io login box on load when a player isn't logged in".
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:54 am

@Zathan - that would be a good assumption for the API settings, but it doesn't work (and is why I asked Austin how to disable it and why he told me there wasn't a way :?). If you select disable clay login the popup login window then appears anyway when the game starts... There's also no way of controlling the plugin's attempts to log in by using the event system. Frustrating!

I also just discovered a bug testing this - I can't seem to get the plugin to work in IE11 - it gives me a javascript failure (about to post it on the clay thread).
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Colludium wrote:@Zathan - that would be a good assumption for the API settings, but it doesn't work (and is why I asked Austin how to disable it and why he told me there wasn't a way :?). If you select disable clay login the popup login window then appears anyway when the game starts... There's also no way of controlling the plugin's attempts to log in by using the event system. Frustrating!

I also just discovered a bug testing this - I can't seem to get the plugin to work in IE11 - it gives me a javascript failure (about to post it on the clay thread).

Hm.. :(
Well... just another good option that doesn't do what we want :cry:
And that's what I'm talking about... thousands of options, zero just working properly.
Let's go find a WORKAROUND.......
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:56 am

@bscarl88 you can remove it in the Clay.io game settings.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:06 am

I've been requesting C2 in-built IAP for ATLEAST major app stores - apple, googleplay and Blackberry/Windows for long time now. :( :roll:
Krish
Hey! Did you know that you can hire me to make your games?

Click Here to See More
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General