Rewarded Video AdMob for Cocoon (Plugins)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 5:40 am

Rewarded Video AdMob for Cocoon — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!
https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/rewarded-video-admob-for-cocoon-3549

What you buy here?

• C2 Plugin for Cocoon.io mobile games that lets you easily implement AdMob Rewarded Video Ads.
  • Capx with implementation example (see screenshot).

What is Rewarded Video Ad?

Rewarded video is a short video ad which currently is the most profitable ad type. The video ad is usually 15 to 60 seconds long and it's non-skippable. A user/player is meant to receive a particular reward (like in-game coins) after he watch the full video.

Installation

• Just drag & drop c2addon to C2 editor
  • Set the Ad unit id (you get it from AdMob panel) in plugin properties
  • In Cocoon.io panel install the AdMob plugin as for regular Cocoon.io ads C2 plugin
  • Note that this plugin can be safely used with official Cocoon.io ads plugin, they do not collide with each other in any way.

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Rewarded Video AdMob for Cocoon
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Can you share a Screenshot of the all plugin Conditions / Actions, please ?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:59 am

yojona wrote:Can you share a Screenshot of the all plugin Conditions / Actions, please ?

Hi @yojona, It is attached as a screenshot in store, but let me put it here as well
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:58 am

Very Nicee @BackendFreak !
I've already bought it! gonna try it soon! :D
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:27 am

Hardty wrote:Very Nicee @BackendFreak !

Thank you and good luck with your game ;)
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:57 am

BackendFreak wrote:
Hardty wrote:Very Nicee @BackendFreak !

Thank you and good luck with your game ;)

I've try it and it works good :D
but can you add condition of "Video on Loaded"? because it needed for checking if the user has good connection or else.
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Hardty wrote:I've try it and it works good :D
but can you add condition of "Video on Loaded"? because it needed for checking if the user has good connection or else.

Hi @Hardty,

The condition you mention is there already

It triggers once the video is preloaded. If this is not what you need, then please explain in more details and I'll try to add it ASAP.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:44 am

Hi, I have purchased this plugin yesterday and have added it to my project, linking the event sheet from this plugin to my other event sheets and assigned the buttons for showing reward video.
I have just published my game on Google Play Store but upon tapping on the assigned buttons, there was no response at all. May I ask why is that?

In addition, when I include this event sheet with my other event sheets, it would cause C2 preview function error.

For your information, I have already inserted the Admob ID to the plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:41 am

GoodOldGames wrote:Hi, I have purchased this plugin yesterday and have added it to my project, linking the event sheet from this plugin to my other event sheets and assigned the buttons for showing reward video.
I have just published my game on Google Play Store but upon tapping on the assigned buttons, there was no response at all. May I ask why is that?

In addition, when I include this event sheet with my other event sheets, it would cause C2 preview function error.

For your information, I have already inserted the Admob ID to the plugin.

Hello. The event sheet is just an example to show the plugin's actions so you shouldn't include it in your project but instead create code based on the example.

You did not write what's the error message in preview attempt, but I guess it is the information that Atomic Cocoon plugin is missing? In such case you can add additional condition to load/start the ad only if the project runs on mobile or on Canvas+ (if you use Canvas+). The Atomic plugin is the code which Cocoon adds while wrapping the app.

It's also hard to tell why the ad is not showing without seeing your project setup. You could install wrong library/plugin in Cocoon panel or maybe your AdMob account is not fully active yet? Have you set up payment options for your AdMob accout? Have you tested your app with test ad unit first which was provided in the example capx?

The plugin itself works well on around 15 projects right now and there was no issues. That's why my guess is that it's something wrong with your setup.

Send me the capx and information of how is your app setup on Cocoon if possible, and I'm sure we will find and fix the problem.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:48 am

Hi Toby, thank you for your prompt reply. I have figured out the reason and now the video is able to be shown. It was due to Admob filtering settings.

Regarding the error message, it was shown whenever I tried to initiate the C2 "Run Layout" function:

Javascript error!
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property "load" of undefined http://localhost:50000/CocoonRewardedVideo_plugin.js, line 151 (col31)

Not sure if this is related to what you have mentioned above?

Kind Regards,

Paul
B
S
G

Next

Return to Scirra Store