Ultimate Ads - AdMob for C2 and C3 (Plugins)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:16 pm

GoodOldGames wrote:Hi Toby, thank you for your prompt reply. I have figured out the reason and now the video is able to be shown. It was due to Admob filtering settings.

Regarding the error message, it was shown whenever I tried to initiate the C2 "Run Layout" function:

Javascript error!
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property "load" of undefined http://localhost:50000/CocoonRewardedVideo_plugin.js, line 151 (col31)

Not sure if this is related to what you have mentioned above?

Kind Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear everything works fine for you now. Yes the JS error is exactly what I was talking about. The library is attached during wrapping on Cocoon server, which means it's not available in the preview on PC.

The quickest solution is to add condition that checks if the project runs on PC or mobile and trigger "load" action only when it's on mobile as in the example below:
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:40 pm

BackendFreak wrote:
Hi @Hardty,

The condition you mention is there already

It triggers once the video is preloaded. If this is not what you need, then please explain in more details and I'll try to add it ASAP.

Yes I know that condition, but it can't used in a Triggered sub event, I want to use this plugin as an alternative of rewarded ads if Unity Ads didnt loaded.
It seems like this :
On button click >
UnityAds is loaded > Play unity Ads
else > play Admob Ads
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you need exactly but if you want to be able to trigger the video under else condition than you can use a variable to indicate if the video is loaded or not as on the example below.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:18 pm

I've just uploaded version 1.1 to store (will take up to few days to be approved to store I guess).

Added Is video loaded condition which returns true if video is preloaded and ready to show, or false if it's not ready yet.

This will simplify the process I mentioned in previous post, so no variable is needed any more.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:03 am

BackendFreak wrote:I've just uploaded version 1.1 to store (will take up to few days to be approved to store I guess).

Added Is video loaded condition which returns true if video is preloaded and ready to show, or false if it's not ready yet.

This will simplify the process I mentioned in previous post, so no variable is needed any more.

Aha! That what I mean! :D Thank you! :mrgreen:
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:09 am

Have you ever purchased, can you have a video tutorial? :oops: :oops: :oops:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:52 pm

spencer04 wrote:Have you ever purchased, can you have a video tutorial? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hi @spencer04 I do plan to make video tutorials for my plugins. Until then please let me know what exactly you have problems with and I'll help.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 pm

@BackendFreak

I purchased your plugin but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Nothing happens when i tried to play the rewarded video.

This is how i've set it up in Construct 2 -

Splash Screen Layout
On Start of Layout - Load a rewarded video

Menu Layout
On Button Pressed - Show Rewarded Video
Is Video Loaded

On the Cocoon.io Plugins section, i've got Cocoon Admob plugin installed as i'm also using this plugin in Construct 2 for Admob banner ads. Do i need to installed another plugin for the rewarded video? From you instuctions, as i understood it, the Cocoon Admob plugin should be fine.

Also, i'm using Webview+ instead of Canvas+.

I've set up Admob rewarded ads on Admob and entered the Video ID. So i don't know why it's not working. Have i made a mistake somewhere? I'd appriciate your help.

Thanks.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi @rayray,

Can you please check if rewarded video will work with this test ad unit id ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/5224354917?

Project setup is correct from what you say so I assume that something is wrong with either your AdMob account or the ad unit itself. Testing with mentioned id will clear this part.

Thanks
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:52 pm

Ah, that works. So i guess it's something to do with my ad unit. My apologies.

My banner & Interstitial ads are working just fine, so there isn't an issue with my Admob account.

Is there anything specific i have to do within the ad unit settings? I created the Rewarded ad unit without really changing much.

Thanks
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store